Cohen & Cohen – A Car Accident Lawyer VA Relies On
It can be difficult to find a car accident lawyer VA residents know and trust when confronted with seemingly endless options.
While no one can say that they are the best auto accident lawyer Northern VA has to offer, the legal team at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is proud to be a local firm that is widely-known for providing an invaluable service to the area. Our team of legal professionals has counseled numerous drivers, passengers, and pedestrians who have been involved in car accidents in the NoVA area.
On the busy streets of Northern VA, car accidents can happen as a result of many different situations. When you need a car accident law Firm Virginia residents rely on, it’s important to find a lawyer who is familiar with different types of car accidents and the categorization of these accidents, including:
- Head-on (frontal) accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-swiping collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Traffic light and intersection collisions
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
At Cohen and Cohen, we are fully staffed with the the kind of car accident lawyer VA clients can believe in to properly represent them if they’ve been a victim of someone else’s negligence in any one of the above scenarios. Negligence often presents itself in a few different ways:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of illicit substances
- Distracted driving
- Using a cellphone or other mobile device while driving
- Reckless driving, especially in bad weather conditions
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failing to see pedestrians and bicyclists
- Road rage
Data from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows that car accident fatalities have decreased over the past decade. This can be attributed to many positive variables, including improved education and heightened automobile manufacturing safety standards. Nevertheless, as any good car accident lawyer VA can offer will attest, serious auto accidents are still very common. The following NHTSA statistics from 2014 lays out the stats:
- There were around six million reported vehicle crashes in the U.S. during 2014. Because these statistics cannot represent all of the crashes that were unreported to local authorities, it’s likely that the number of car accidents during any given year are much higher.
- At least 2.33 million individuals were injured because of a car accident in 2014, according to police records.
- There were 32,675 deaths in the U.S. in 2014 resulting from car accidents. This translates to one fatality every 16 minutes on U.S. roads, or about 90 fatalities every single day.
- Car accidents in the U.S. during 2010 cost American citizens an estimated $242 billion. This takes into account many different financial factors, such as the loss of property, medical costs, road congestion after an accident, lost wages, and lost productivity in the workplace.
- When factoring in the overall societal costs of losing so many valuable individuals, economists say that the true cost of car accidents is much higher: NHTSA data suggests this cost is around $836 billion in the U.S. every year.
- 30% of all fatal vehicle accidents in the U.S. are alcohol-related. In 2014, this meant there was one alcohol-related car accident fatality every 53 minutes.
For car accident victims, the consequences of someone else’s mistake on the road can be severe. The economic cost of car accidents in the U.S. is astonishingly high, as shown in the statistics above. On a personal level, the true costs of being a car accident victim are difficult to measure. A car accident lawyer VA residents trust may be able to help recuperate some of those losses in a variety of ways.
- Compensation for Medical Costs: Car accident injuries can range from minor injuries to severe, permanent, and life-threatening. For individuals who have sustained injuries after an accident, there are many costs that can justify seeking financial compensation through a verdict or settlement. Emergency medical bills alone can be incredibly high. The addition of follow-up medical care can be simply devastating.
- Compensation for Lost Wages: Loss of wages can cause added stress to a victim unable to work due to their injuries. For those who sustain permanent and disabling injuries, it might not be possible to return to the same job — or to any job at all. At Cohen and Cohen, we understand that disability can not only be detrimental to your financial well being, but emotional health as well.
- Compensation for Property Damage: Beyond negotiating injury settlements, an experienced car accident lawyer VA can offer may also provide assistance for individuals who are facing property damage. Even though insurance companies provide financial coverage for damaged property, it’s far too common for these companies to downplay the severity of the damage or to deny responsibility altogether.
The Solution: Cohen and Cohen, P.C.
It’s easy enough to log online and Google “car accident lawyer VA,” but there’s no guarantee that you’ll find the law firm that’s right for you. Our team at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. works tirelessly to fight for the compensation our clients deserve. Our experience and knowhow in many realms of car accident practice makes us a well-versed and empathetic candidate for your compensation litigation needs.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer VA Trusts
Contact us today for more information about how one of our experienced attorneys can help you through the financial and personal ramifications of an auto accident. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we’re proud to be a local firm that provides each client with a car accident lawyer VA residents trust, respect, and deserve.
Auto Accident Lawyer Washington DC | Auto Accident Lawyer Maryland | Auto Accident Lawyer Northern Virginia | Car Accident Lawyer VA | Car Accident Lawyer College Park MD | Car Accident Lawyer District Heights MD | Car Accident Lawyer Greenbelt MD | Car Accident Lawyer Hillcrest MD | Car Accident Lawyer Silver Spring MD | Car Accident Lawyer Rockville MD | Car Accident Lawyer Cheverly MD | Car Accident Lawyer Hyattsville MD | Car Accident Lawyer Lanham MD | Car Accident Lawyer Wheaton MD | Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD | Car Accident Lawyer DC