If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, you may want to speak to a DC motorcycle accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer may be able to help you obtain compensation your injuries and other losses. If you were wrongly injured due to another person’s negligence, you deserve justice for what happened.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
While riding around in a motorcycle might be fun on a warm, sunny day, it can be dangerous. A motorcycle is smaller than all the other vehicles on the road, so it’s easier to get hit and injured on one. Here are the most common motorcycle injuries a motorcycle accident lawyer in DC sees:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are one of the most common and serious injuries that result from motorcycle accidents. When motorcyclists hit their heads, they may suffer concussions or even permanent brain damage. That is why it is so critical for motorcyclists to always wear their helmets to protect against this damage.
- Biker’s Arm: Biker’s arm is another common injury a DC motorcycle lawyer sees. During a motorcycle crash, a motorcyclist could be ejected from the bike and may put one arm in front of his or her body to reduce impact on the ground. Unfortunately, this can permanently damage the nerves in the arm. Wearing elbow pads while riding on a motorcycle may protect against this damage, but injuries to the limbs could still occur.
- Road Rash: During a motorcycle crash, motorcyclists can fall off their bikes and slide across the pavement. If motorcyclists are wearing thin clothing, the pavement can scrape their skin, resulting in road rash. This injury can lead to skin infections, irritations, and even nerve damage.
- Leg Injuries: Several types of leg injuries can occur during motorcycle crashes, including broken bones and severe bruising. Even when these injuries are not fatal, they may result in disability. It is important for motorcyclists to wear protective clothings and knee pads to reduce the risk of leg injuries.
Damages in Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you were in a motorcyclist that was another driver’s fault, your DC motorcycle accident lawyer may help you obtain compensation for the following damages:
- Medical Costs: The injuries you suffered during a motorcycle accident likely resulted in a hospital trip, doctor’s visits and medication. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer DC trusts may assist you in getting reimbursed for these medical costs.
- Motorcycle Repairs: A motorcycle accident may have also resulted in severe damage to your motorcycle. If you win your case, you may receive compensation for the repairs.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries have caused you to miss time from work, you may be able to obtain compensation for any lost wages.
Contact a DC Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Do not wait to contact a reputable DC motorcycle accident lawyer from Cohen and Cohen, P.C. Our lawyers may be able to help you obtain compensation for your losses in a timely manner. We offer free case evaluations for new clients, which allow us to look at your case in more detail and determine which legal avenues may be best for your situation.
When you need a DC motorcycle accident lawyer you can really trust, contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. at (202) 902-8020.