A Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD Trusts
Car accidents are pretty common. If you’ve been in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may want to contact a car accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts to determine if you are entitled to compensation for any damages. At Cohen and Cohen, we are dedicated to fighting for your rights. Whether it be against an insurance agency, a negligent driver, or another at-fault party, we are well-versed in getting the compensation you deserve.
Best Practices for Car Accidents: The Essential Dos and Don’ts
If asked for a quick run down of dos and don’ts, a trusted car accident lawyer Montgomery County MD has to offer on the Cohen and Cohen team will likely share these few tips:
- DO make sure that you call your attorney at your first availability. An attorney working on your behalf will work to make sure that your rights are protected, whether in the courthouse or against the insurance company in a deposition room.
- DON’T give any recorded statements to insurance companies. Both your insurance company and any other involved agencies are there for one reason: to protect their bottom line. Speaking to them without your attorney present is tantamount to giving up your rights as they may try to use your statement to prevent you from getting the compensation you deserve.
- DO make sure that you go to a doctor that you can trust if you’ve experienced any kind of injuries. Some injuries take longer than others to manifest, so the sooner you get to a doctor to diagnose your injuries, the better off you’ll be from both a medical and legal standpoint.
- DON’T sign any medical release forms before contacting a car accident lawyer Montgomery County MD clients put their faith in. Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), your medical records are protected; and barring a court order, no one — aside from a medical professional treating you — should be able to view them without your consent. Because of the highly sensitive nature of medical records, a Cohen and Cohen attorney may be able to assist in determining which release forms are pertinent to you case.
- DO call the police the minute the accident happens. A police officer is required to objectively report the facts of the accident. If there is any dispute later on, a top car accident lawyer Montgomery County MD has to offer will tell you that the police report is heavily weighted as an objective, reliable source of the facts of the accident.
- DON’T admit fault or assign blame at the scene of the accident. Accidents are caused by a variety of factors — sometimes, factors that we’re unaware of at the time they happen. By either admitting fault or assigning blame, you’re running the risk of jeopardizing your legal rights in a court of law, and that may affect your compensation in the long run.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD Relies On
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, contact the a car accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts to get the job done right at Cohen and Cohen, P.C., today.
“Cohen & Cohen’s entire team is wonderful. They listened to my case attentively, walked me through every step of the process, and kept me up to date constantly. They worked quickly and efficiently to resolve my case, and I’d recommend them to anyone. Thanks so much, Cohen & Cohen!”
Auto Accident Lawyer Washington DC | Auto Accident Lawyer Maryland | Auto Accident Lawyer Northern Virginia | Car Accident Lawyer VA | Car Accident Lawyer College Park MD | Car Accident Lawyer District Heights MD | Car Accident Lawyer Greenbelt MD | Car Accident Lawyer Hillcrest MD | Car Accident Lawyer Silver Spring MD | Car Accident Lawyer Rockville MD | Car Accident Lawyer Cheverly MD | Car Accident Lawyer Hyattsville MD | Car Accident Lawyer Lanham MD | Car Accident Lawyer Wheaton MD | Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD | Car Accident Lawyer DC