Car accidents can be a very serious and traumatic event;, if you were involved in an accident and are seeking legal guidance, consider contacting a Washington DC car accident attorney the city depends on. At Cohen & Cohen you can get the help of an experienced lawyer who will strive to obtain maximum compensation for your losses. Being involved in an automobile accident is scary enough on its own. Don’t allow the stress of property damage, lost wages, medical bills and legal issues hinder your process of getting well. Leave those worries to a DC car accident attorney that the city can count on.
What to Do If You Are in A Car Accident
Several different questions may arise if you have been in a car accident and a Washington DC car accident attorney would advise you to follow these steps:
1. Health Check: Foremost, it is important to check yourself for injuries. If you are not suffering from anything serious and can move, then continue to check on the well-being of any passengers. If possible, move to safety. In some situations, your vehicle may still be drivable and can be moved to the side of the road. If that is not possible then leave the car where it is.
2. Notify Authorities: No matter how serious the car accident is or isn’t, the authorities should be contacted. Contacting your insurance company may also be beneficial so that they can tell you what will be needed to process your claim.
3. Exchange Information: A car accident attorney in Washington DC would be grateful to see an exchange of contact and insurance information with the other driver. Typically, you will want to exchange
- Full name and contact information
- The insurance company and policy number
- Driver’s license and license plate number
- Type, color and model of the vehicle
- Location of the accident
4. Further Documentation: Collecting documentation while at the scene can be helpful for the Washington DC car accident attorney working your case. It is important not to debate with the other driver who is at fault, leave those discussions with the police and hired attorney. Some information that you should gather at the accident includes:
- Names of officer personnel at the scene
- Request a copy of the accident report from one of the officers
- Document the accident through photographs or video
- Collect the names and addresses of each person involved in the accident
Following these steps may help protect you against unnecessary worries and provide information that a Washington DC car accident attorney can use when creating your case.
Getting the Right Help
Despite your best efforts to be a diligent and careful driver, there are others out there that can make the roads unsafe. Working with a Washington DC car accident attorney at Cohen & Cohen, can help restore your peace of mind and provide step by step advice that will aid in the relief of confusion and stress that follows a car accident.