Whether they were a teen or an adult, everyone who drives had to start at some point in their lives with no experience- and the unfortunate reality is there are many situations that make the help of a good teen accident attorney necessary.
If you or someone close to you has been injured in an accident involving a teen driver, or if a partner or immediate family member was killed as the result of this, you may be entitled to compensation. If you are worried about medical bills, lost wages and future earnings, and are in pain and/or are grieving, talking to an experienced teen accident attorney may help to alleviate some of the stress and fear that comes with the aftermath of an accident.
Teen Driving Statistics
According to data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
– Motor vehicle crashes were the leading cause of death for U.S. teens in 2017.
– In 2015, 2,333 teens in the United States ages 16-19 were killed in motor vehicle crashes.
– In 2014, 221,313 teens were treated in emergency rooms for injuries suffered as the result of motor vehicle crashes.
– This translates to the very sad reality: six teens died every day from motor vehicle injuries.
While people of all ages and experience with driving can and do get into accidents, the above statistics indicate that you may be at a higher risk for getting into a devastating accident with a teen driver. If you or someone close to you has been in an accident with a teen driver, you may find it helpful to talk to a teen accident attorney Washington DC. For a free case evaluation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call Cohen & Cohen
In 2016 and 2017, drivers ages 16 – 19 made up statistics that indicate higher risk factors compared to adult drivers:
– The risk of motor vehicle crashes for this age group is higher than for any other age group.
– Per mile driven, this age group is nearly three times more likely than drivers aged 20 and older to be in a fatal crash.
– When teen drivers have teenage passengers with them the risk of a motor vehicle crash increases compared to that of supervised teen drivers
While many teen drivers out there behave in the way safe drivers do, many of them don’t. Because of their age, even the safest of teen drivers is fairly inexperienced when it comes to the challenges one meets on the road. The result of this is that many teen drivers get into accidents that they may have been able to avoid by taking more caution. Some of the most cautious teen drivers may simply need to gain more experience before they reach their safest driving abilities.
If you are in the unfortunate situation of suffering from injuries because of an accident involving a teen driver, talking to a teen accident attorney at Cohen & Cohen P.C. may help you to understand your rights to compensation. If someone close to you has been injured or died as the result of an accident, a reputable teen accident attorney may be able to help you make an informed decision on whether or not you have a valid personal injury claim that is worth fighting for.