Teenage e-cigarette injury lawyer DC, MD, VA
If your teenager is one of the many unfortunate victims of e-cigarette addiction and/or injuries, you may find it helpful to discuss your situation with a good teenage e-cigarette injury lawyer in DC, MD, VA.
If your teen is one of the many innocent victims of the e-cigarette industry’s dangerous products, it may be time to contact a DC, MD, or VA teenage e-cigarette injury lawyer. They may be able to determine whether or not you can try to hold one or more of the companies that caused harm to your child, accountable for their wrongdoings. The sooner you contact a personal injury lawyer that is experienced with successfully defending the rights of teen-age e-cigarette smokers in DC, MD, VA, and their surrounding areas, the sooner they may be able to start protecting your child’s rights.
Teenage E-Cigarette Victims
E-cigarettes have been harming teenagers in a few different ways:
- Teenagers have become addicted to nicotine and other substances contained in e-cigarettes
- Teenagers have been seeking medical care and have been presenting with serious and irreversible lung damage, and other health problems, that are now being linked to their using e-cigarette and other vaping products
- Exploding e-cigarettes have caused burns, scarring and other damage to their users
If your teenager has become ill or injured because of one of the above reasons or one not mentioned here, a good DC, MD, or VA teenage e-cigarette lawyer may be able to guide you on how to best protect your child.
Marketing to Minors
It is being said and found that the e-cigarette industry illegally marketed e-cigarettes and other vaping products to minors. Even though it was many decades ago that Big Tobacco was called out for marketing to youth- and heavily fined for and forbidden from doing this in the future- popular e-cigarette companies such as JUUL have been accused of copying Big Tobacco’s youth marketing schemes that ultimately created several generations of adults that were addicted to cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Other allegations that e-cigarette companies marketed to minors include but are not limited to:
- The flavors available in e-cigarette pods are targeted towards teens and kids
- State attorneys general have filed lawsuits claiming that the flavors in e-cigarettes are a major cause of the vaping epidemic amongst minors and young adults
- E-cigarette companies have been called out for targeting young people in their marketing campaigns. These allegations include their:
Use of stylish and attractive young people that could easily be perceived to be in their teens.E-cigarette packaging mimics the colors of traditional Cigarettes. Use of social media platforms, hashtags, and consumer-directed emails, that were targeted at young people
Failure to Warn
There have been many allegations towards e-cigarette companies that they failed to warn consumers about the dangers of their products. Amongst many other allegations, it has been said that one or more of the big e-cigarette companies violated laws that prohibit false, misleading or deceptive statements in advertisements.
If your teenager has been using e-cigarettes, there are proactive things you can do to help your child and potentially, to help other parents and children whose lives have or will become negatively impacted by e-cigarette use.
For a highly rated teenage e-cigarette injury lawyer in DC, MD and VA, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation with no obligations.