Reston, VA Workers Compensation Lawyers
Virginia workers who get work related strain injuries may be able to get compensation with the help of Reston, VA workers compensation lawyers.
Strains are injuries that occur when muscles or tendons are torn. These kinds of injuries happen quite frequently in the workplace. They’re painful and reduce mobility, making it difficult for workers to complete their tasks. If you suffered a strain while working, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Here’s a deeper look into strains in the workplace:
Causes of Strains in the Workplace
Strains can occur all of a sudden or over a period of time. Here are some of the most common causes of strains in the workplace that may warrant the help of workers compensation lawyers in Reston, or the place in VA where the injuries occurred:
- Bad Posture: Many officer workers don’t have proper posture. They may slouch in their chairs or point their head down while they’re working. Putting the body in these awkward positions can take its toll after a while. Too much force is placed on the joints and muscles, which can lead to strain. It’s important for workers to always sit up straight with their shoulders pulled back to prevent this from happening.
- Excessive Force: Some work tasks put a lot of force on the muscles and joints on the body. For exampling, lifting heavy boxes all the time can put strain on the muscles. Workers who have to lift heavy boxes should bend their knees, keep the object close to their body and straighten their legs as they lift the box up.
If you or someone you love has suffered from any of the above injuries or work related injuries not mentioned here, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with Reston, VA workers compensation lawyers.
- Poor Lifestyle Habits: Workers who don’t take proper care of their body may have weaker muscles and tendons and are more likely to suffer strains at work. Those who eat junk food regularly, don’t exercise, and/or are overweight, are putting themselves at risk of injury.
- Excessive Repetition: Doing the same task over and over can put stress on the body and increase the risk of sprains. Workers who have to do the same task, such as typing, or other movements that are repeated multiple times a day, are in danger of developing strains. They should take periodic breaks throughout the day to stretch their muscles to prevent this from happening.
Even the most minor injuries may be ones that an injured worker should not have to pay for, that can be difficult to get compensation for without the help of workers compensation lawyers from Reston or the place in VA where the injuries occurred.
- Inadequate Rest: Proper sleep is essential. When individuals rest, it gives their bodies a chance to repair their muscles tissues and be stronger for the next day. Workers who get less than eight hours of sleep a night aren’t giving their body a chance to recover and are at risk of suffering strains.
- Ignoring Early Signs: Many strains develop over time, so there is time to catch early symptoms. Workers who start to feel fatigued or pain in certain muscles or joints should get checked out by a doctor right away to prevent the injury from getting worse.
A good way to find out whether or not an employer is liable for a worker’s injuries, is by getting counsel from Reston workers compensations lawyers, or lawyers who are licensed to practice throughout VA or in the state the injury occured.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you developed a muscle strain at work, you have the right to file workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits will provide you with compensation to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Navigating through a workers’ compensation claim on your own can be challenging, so it’s helpful to have an experienced lawyer on your side.
For a free consultation with Reston, VA workers compensation lawyers, contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C., today.