The Driving Charge You May Not Be Aware Of
Any experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyer knows that not all of us may have heard of the acronym DWI before. DWI stands for driving while intoxicated or impaired, and can involve either alcohol, drugs or another unknown substance. This is a crucial charge to be aware of, as just another reason why someone should never operate a vehicle while under the influence of anything. Taking the risk to drive a car (that on average weighs anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 pounds) while under the influence, can result in absolute tragedy. Not only may the driver at-fault have to face fines, potential jail time and losing their license, but guilt for having caused such a horrible collision too.
In the article here, an experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyer has talked more about the topic of DWI charges, and why you may want to meet with an attorney if you are ever hit by an impaired driver.
What are the signs that someone is driving while impaired or intoxicated?
Most of us have witnessed first hand what it looks like when someone starts to become drunk. This person may become increasingly relaxed, saying or doing things they normally would not, slurring their words, and wavering when they walk or stand. However, when a person is in a vehicle it can be more difficult to determine if they are drunk behind the wheel. A skilled Rockville, MD DWI lawyer will inform you that signs that a person may be impaired due to alcohol or other drug can include:
- Drifting across many lanes on a multi-lane highway or road
- Heading towards oncoming traffic only to pull the car back last second
- Suddenly braking and accelerating at odd times
- Shifty, erratic movements
- Exhibiting road rage, cutting off others or tailgating
- Driving so slowly that it is a cause for concern
What should I do if I think a driver may be DWI?
If you witness a person driving in a threatening way, you may want to consider calling the police, according to the Rockville, MD DWI lawyer. Regardless of if the person ends up being intoxicated or not, he or she should still be held accountable for their recklessness. Do keep yourself at a safe distance so you are not endangering yourself by trying to help police track down the vehicle. Try to get the license plate number, vehicle type and which direction the car was going so police can attempt to apprehend the driver.
I was hit by a driver who was DWI, what can I do to seek compensation?
Those who were hit by an impaired or intoxicated driver should meet with an experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyer right away. If you were badly injured due to the crash, you may have plenty of medical bills piling high that have gone unpaid for. It can be difficult to pay off expenses for emergency medical care, vehicle repairs and loss of pay from missing work. Depending on the variables involved in the crash, you may be entitled to receiving compensation from the impaired driver for their poor decision to get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
If you or someone you love has suffered from an injury you received during an accident with an intoxicated driver, it may be in your best interest to reach out to Cohen & Cohen and we will be more than happy to set you up with a Rockville, MD DWI lawyer on our team.
What Kind of Injuries Can People Claim Damages For?
While people can claim damages for any injury in a car accident involving an intoxicated driver, there are some common ones that are frequently brought to court so that the victims can recuperate their damages. Those that hire a lawyer tend to receive larger settlements in court. A seasoned lawyer knows the in and outs of driving while intoxicated (DWI) law and will develop a legal strategy to support your case. If you are looking for an experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyer, you should call Cohen & Cohen P.C. today to set up a consultation. We will discuss your case with you so you understand your legal options. You may want to consider pursuing compensation if you have large medical bills and are unable to work. Some common injuries from DWI accidents include:
- Bone Fractures – Car accidents are sudden and violent events that can result in broken bones. Fractures are not only painful, they can make it difficult to move around and function following the injury. Depending on what bone was broken and the severity of the fracture, you may require surgery, physical therapy and a long recovery time before you are able to return to a normal life.
- Skin Injuries – Glass, metal, and plastic can all become dislodged and fly through the air in a crash making cuts and lacerations really common. Small cuts may be no big deal, but large cuts to the hands, neck, and face can be life altering. They may require multiple surgeries and rehabilitation, which can be very costly. Finding a skilled Rockville, MD DWI lawyer from a firm like Cohen & Cohen P.C. can help you understand your case and what costs you can seek compensation for.
- Brain Injury – Even with an airbag to buffer the impact of an accident, you can still sustain a head injury. Whether you were hit from the front, behind or from the side, the sudden change in direction can cause your brain to slam against the skull, which can result in a contusion to the brain. Other brain injuries can result in concussions or fracture of the skull.
Knee Injuries – Unless you are in an exceptionally spacious vehicle, you risk having your knees slammed into the seats or dashboard in front of you during a car accident. Knee injuries can result in broken knee caps, torn tendons or ligaments, or broken bones. Recovery from a knee injury usually lasts months or more and requires physical therapy. You may not be able to drive a car or work a physically demanding job during this time.
Neck and Back Injuries – The spine is central to the function of our body and if you injure your neck or back, you may not be able to live life like you want to. Whiplash is incredibly common in car accidents and it can lead to headaches, nausea, vertigo and other debilitating symptoms. Back injuries might leave you unable to sit or stand for long periods of time or can cause nerve pain, weakness, and other symptoms.
Drunk Drivers And Civil Lawsuits
The state can bring criminal actions against drunk drivers while victims of drunk driving accidents can bring civil claims to recover monetary damages. If a drunk driver is arrested for DWI the victim has the right to file a civil lawsuit against the Defendant immediately. The injured party does not have to wait for the criminal case to resolve before filing a civil complaint against the drunk driver.
The substantive and procedural elements of the civil case will be completely separate from the substantive and procedural elements of the criminal case. If the drunk driver is convicted in the criminal case you may use this fact to help your civil lawsuit as it progresses. However, the drunk driver does not have to be convicted in a criminal court for you to file a civil claim against the drunk driver.
The standard of proof to prove a criminal case is beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecutor must prove every element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction. On the other hand, the standard of proof in civil cases is the preponderance of the evidence standard. This is a lower standard of proof than the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. Generally, the preponderance of the evidence standard means anything greater than 50% constitutes a preponderance of the evidence.
Some important pieces of evidence may be missing from the evidentiary record and thus a prosecutor cannot obtain a criminal conviction. But this does not mean that an injured Plaintiff cannot pursue a civil lawsuit against the drunk driver.
Many different parties may be liable for drunk driving accidents. These parties include drivers, hosts, and restaurant owners. Drunk drivers are considered to be responsible for their own decisions and their own behavior. If a drunk driver chooses to drive a vehicle after drinking alcohol he or she is responsible for this decision.
Individuals who host parties where alcohol is served can be considered liable if an event guest causes a motor vehicle accident. It is important for the injured party to find out if someone served the drunk driver alcohol after they were clearly drunk.
Many states have dram shop acts that permit an injured party to hold liable a restaurant or bar and its owner and employees if the people associated with the restaurant or bar served the drunk driver alcohol after it was clearly evident that the drunk driver was inebriated.
The lawyers at Cohen & Cohen attorneys can investigate the motor vehicle accident including any bars or restaurants where the drunk driver may have consumed alcohol at an excessive rate.
The experienced litigators at Cohen & Cohen attorneys will strive to obtain the monetary compensation that you deserve. Contact Cohen & Cohen today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case and how the law applies to those facts. Call our office in Rockville, Maryland at (301) 250-1957. We can deal with insurance companies and other entities who may try to offer you an extremely low and unjust settlement offer.
Benefits of Hiring a DWI Lawyer
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, it’s important to hire a Rockville, MD DWI lawyer. You deserve to be compensated. Here are some benefits of hiring a skilled lawyer.
- Handle negotiations with the insurance company. In order to receive fair compensation for your injuries, you will have to deal with the defendant’s insurance company at some point. However, even if it’s clear the other driver caused your injuries, the insurance company may still try to pay you less than you deserve. They may try to persuade you to accept a quick settlement, which likely won’t cover all your damages. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. He or she will know how to effectively negotiate with the insurance company and won’t allow them to take advantage of you.
- Prevent you from making costly mistakes. If you don’t have a legal background, filing a car accident claim can be quite complex. You might unknowingly make mistakes that damage your case. For example, you might make posts about your case on social media or omit important information in the paperwork. A reputable DWI lawyer is there to keep you from making these costly mistakes.
- Know the true value of your claim. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you of course want to receive fair compensation. However, you might not know how much your claim is actually worth. An experienced DWI lawyer, on the other hand, does. He or she may inform you of damages you’re entitled to that you weren’t even aware of, such as emotional distress and pain suffering damages.
- Reduce stress. Recovering from a car accident can indeed be stressful. You don’t need the added stress of handling your own personal injury claim. That’s what your DWI lawyer is there for. He or she can handle all the legwork while you focus on your recovery.
- Save time. If you were injured in a vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver, you naturally want to settle your claim as quickly as possible. However, if you try to navigate the complex legal system on your own, it could slow things down. That’s why it’s worth it to hire an experienced lawyer. He or she has helped people in similar situations and can help you resolve your case quicker.
Common Drunk Driving Myths
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you may want to discuss the matter with a Rockville MD DWI lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. Here are some common drunk driving myths to be aware of.
- Drunk drivers should just drive slowly. Some drunk drivers purposely drive below the speed limit to make themselves look less suspicious to police. However, police may still stop them anyway. Driving too slowly is dangerous and police officers know that it’s a common sign of an impaired driver.
- Drunk drivers can only be arrested if they’re caught driving. This i no’t true either. People who drive drunk may assume that they’re off the hook if they make it to their home. However, if they were reported to police by another driver, a police officer may follow them home and arrest them there.
- Coffee can sober people up. Another common myth is that caffeine can help a drunk person sober up faster. Once someone is drunk, there is no food or beverage they can drink that will lower their blood alcohol concentration (BAC). They must give their body ample time to metabolize the alcohol.
- Drivers can only be charged if their BAC is 0.08 or higher. Drivers who have a BAC of 0.08 or higher are automatically charged with drunk driving. However, drivers who have a lower BAC may still get charged if they are exhibiting signs of drunk driving, such as weaving across the road and quick acceleration or deceleration. A police officer may also arrest someone for drunk driving if they witness them slurring their words or smell alcohol on their breath.
- Drivers who refuse breathalyzers won’t get into additional trouble. Drivers must give consent to a breath test. Drivers who refuse a breathalyzer when pulled over by a police officer may find themselves in extra trouble. This is true even if they were found not drunk. They may even get their driver’s license suspension.
- Drunk drivers can’t go to jail for a first offense. This is not necessarily true. It is still possible for first offenders to spend time in jail. For example, if a drunk driver severely injured or killed someone in an accident, the judge may give them a jail sentence.
Rockville, MD DWI lawyers have the answers you may need
If you have been injured in an accident involving an impaired driver, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with reputable DWI lawyers Rockville, MD DWI accident victims can rely on.
In Maryland, when someone is injured or becomes ill because of another party or parties’ negligence, malice or reckless behavior, the injured person may be entitled to compensation for expenses related to their injury or illness.
DWI and DUI
When someone drives while under the influence of alcohol or other altering substances, including illegal drugs, and prescription and over the counter medications, they may be charged with driving while impaired (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI). A DWI is a lesser charge than a DUI but both are considered crimes that are punishable by the state. If a person is convicted of a DWI or a DUI, the penalties often include jail time, fines, driver’s license suspension, losing security clearances, and for insurance premiums to rise or for the policy to be dropped completely. The negative repercussions for getting charged with a DWI or DUI do not stop there. There can be other repercussions, as well as the social stigma and shame that often comes with having a criminal record.
Regardless of whether or not the person who caused the Rockville accident you were in was charged or convicted of a DWI or DUI, you may be entitled to compensation through a civil claim that DWI lawyers who are licensed to protect victims of DWI/DUIs throughout the state of MD, may be able to help you pursue.
Criminal Charges and Convictions Compared to Civil Lawsuits
A criminal DWI charge can only be brought about by the state, often in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies. An individual cannot charge a person or entity with a crime but they can go to authorities to make complaints about a person or entity that committed a crime against them. But unless authorities actually witnessed the crime or have gathered sufficient evidence to prove that the crime was committed, they will not typically charge someone with a crime.
If you have been injured in a Rockville accident involving a DWI charge against a driver that was involved in it, MD injury lawyers may be able to help you seek the compensation you are entitled to.
A person who is charged or convicted of a crime can also be sued for the same crime in a civil lawsuit. When this happens, the victim of a crime often seeks monetary reparations for the damages and injuries they incurred because of the crime, as well as for things such as their pain and suffering. Typically when criminal charges are involved, the criminal case is tried before any civil claims that Rockville, MD DWI lawyers can try can be pursued. The outcome of the criminal case is not supposed to have any bearing on the outcome of a civil case. For example, even if the accused in your DWI accident is found innocent, you may still be able to win a settlement or award from your civil case.
Rockville, MD DWI Lawyers
Rockville, MD DWI lawyers know all too well that many people enjoy going out either after work or on the weekends to have a few drinks. They may want to release tension by chatting with loved ones and indulging in a glass or two of their favorite alcoholic drink. But, at the end of a night drinking, some people may be tempted to get behind the wheel of a car to drive home. This is not only legally risky, but could be putting themselves and others at risk for harm.
Perhaps a person decides they are only going to have a drink or two to play it safe, then head home when the night is over. However, a person who drives tipsy may still be arrested even if their blood alcohol content (BAC) level is under the legal limit of 0.08 percent. There is a charge called “driving while impaired or intoxicated” (DWI), which refers to people who have either alcohol or another drug in their system which has flawed their ability to drive.
Why You Should Hire a DWI Lawyer
If you are arrested for DWI, it is important to hire a lawyer as soon as possible. A DWI lawyer can help you understand the charges against you and the possible penalties, and can represent your interests in court.
DWI is a serious offense in Maryland. The penalties can be very harsh, including loss of license and jail time. When you hire Cohen & Cohen as your Rockville DWI lawyers, you get an experienced team who knows how to best defend drivers from the consequences of these charges. They have experience with all types of cases and are ready to fight for your rights!
A DWI Lawyer is a professional that specializes in defending people against drunk driving charges. If you are charged with this crime, it is important to find an attorney who has experience with these cases. A Rockville, Maryland DWI lawyer can help you by explaining the process and answering questions about your case.
In some states, the penalties for drinking and driving are very severe. The legal system has taken an aggressive stance on drinking and driving in recent years, so if you’ve been arrested or charged with DWI it’s important to find out your state’s laws about DUI/DWI offenses. You should also consult an attorney to help determine what the best course of action is for your case.
At Cohen & Cohen we believe that everyone deserves an experienced Rockville lawyer who has their best interests at heart from start to finish. Our team will fight hard for you so that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees fighting this charge alone. We know how important it is to have someone on your side who understands what’s at stake when facing these charges – which is why our team works hard every day to deliver the results our clients need while they focus on getting back into their everyday lives.
What signs should I look out for that may mean someone is driving while impaired?
If you see someone driving their vehicle in an odd manner that is putting others at risk, do not hesitate to call the police or highway patrol. Even if this person was not actually impaired due to alcohol or a drug, it may be best to hold them accountable for their reckless behavior anyways. Signs that someone may be impaired while behind the wheel can include:
- Gently swerving between lanes either on a street or highway
- Slowly heading towards oncoming traffic, but pulling back at the last second
- Suddenly braking or accelerating without any visible reason to do so
- Tailgating, speeding or otherwise driving erratically
- The person is exhibiting road rage and yelling with slurred speech at others
What can I do to seek compensation if I was hit by an impaired driver?
Rockville, MD DWI lawyers will likely inform you that car accidents in which a driver was intoxicated or impaired can quickly lead to a life-threatening situation for the victim. It is unfortunate that many times innocent drivers suffer the consequences of another person’s poor decision to drive while not sober. By talking with an attorney, you can find out more information about how to seek compensation for your medical expenses, vehicle repairs, loss of wages from missing work, and more.
What information does my attorney need to know about the crash?
The more details and proof regarding the crash that you have, the better Rockville, MD DWI lawyers can evaluate your situation and offer legal advice. Examples of information to bring with you to your consultation include:
- Photographs of the scene, injuries and vehicle damages
- Driver’s information and insurance company name
- Medical evaluation of your injuries performed by a doctor
- Emergency care charges including hospitalization and ambulance ride
- Witnesses who saw the crash happen or were in the car with you
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury from an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, it may be in your best interest to reach out to Cohen & Cohen to set up a free consultation with trusted and experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyers.
Common Injuries from DWI Accidents
Accidents involving intoxicated drivers can result in a lot of harm. Intoxicated drivers have slower reaction times leaving them unharmed, but victims may not be so lucky. Although it is common for intoxicated drivers who were involved in an accident to face criminal charges in the form of a DWI, victims are also able to seek retribution by ceiling a civil claim for the damages they suffered. If you were injured in an accident with an intoxicated driver, you should consider speaking with an attorney to determine if you have a case. If you are looking for skilled Rockville, MD DWI lawyers, you should contact Cohen & Cohen P.C. today to set up a consultation. Common injuries resulting from a DWI accident include:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI’s)
Your brain is your most valuable organ since it controls all the other functions of your body. The brain is particularly susceptible to injury during a car accident if you experienced a sudden change in direction due to the impact of the other vehicle. You may have suffered a concussion (even if you weren’t knocked out) or a brain contusion. Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include headaches, feeling irritable, vision irregularities, nausea, or even the ability to function on a daily basis.
Whiplash is a common car accident injury. The impact of the accident causes your head to move forward and then “whip” backward causing an injury to the neck. People often joke about having whiplash, but the consequences can be quite significant. Those that experience serious whiplash may suffer from headaches, vertigo, chronic pain and issues with their vision.
Injuries to the back can be debilitating. We rely on our back to sit up, walk, and function on a daily basis. An injury to the back can make it difficult to sit for long periods of time, which can make sitting at a desk or riding in a car impossible. The result can impede your ability to earn a living and support your family as you once did. If you are curious whether you should file a civil suit because your back was injured in an accident with an intoxicated driver, you should speak with Rockville, MD DWI lawyers like Cohen & Cohen P.C. to understand what your options are.
When your body is suddenly propelled forward, your knees can hit against the dashboard or seat in front you resulting in serious injury. Your knee may also become caught or trapped depending on the type of accident you were in. People may experience broken knee caps, torn tendons or ligaments or even broken bones that require surgery and physical therapy to recover.
Being in a car accident can be terrifying. It is sudden, loud, and can be really disorienting. Psychological counseling may be needed to return to a normal life and carry out every day functions like driving again. If you are experiencing emotional trauma, you may have trouble sleeping, feel depressed, lash out at your loved ones unexpectedly, or stop enjoying the activities you once loved.
If you were involved in an accident with a person who was intoxicated, you deserve to have your damages covered. Call our experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyers at Cohen & Cohen P.C. today to set up a consultation and start down the road of recovery.
Common Drunk Driving Myths
Although the dangers of drunk driving are well-known by now, some people still choose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated. If you were injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, Rockville MD DWI lawyers may help you pursue compensation. Here are some of the most common drunk driving myths that you should know about.
- Drunk drivers can avoid getting caught by driving slower. If you have noticed motorists driving extra slow, they may be under the influence of alcohol. Some drunk drivers purposely drive below the speed limit to look less suspicious. However, driving too slowly is actually dangerous and can cause an accident. Police officers may still pull over motorists who are driving too slow.
- It’s fine to drive if a person’s blood alcohol is within the legal limit. Even if a person’s blood alcohol is within the legal limit, it can still be dangerous for that person to operate a vehicle. They may still have impaired judgment, especially if they’re also tired.
- Coffee can reduce the effects of alcohol. Some people drink a cup of coffee after consuming alcohol, thinking that it will sober them up. However, caffeine will not help a person sober up any faster. The only way to get sober is to give the body enough time to metabolize alcohol.
- If someone isn’t falling over or slurring their words, they can safely drive. This is not true either. You have probably seen many people who seem perfectly fine after having a couple of alcoholic beverages. They are speaking clearly and not stumbling over themselves. However, as Rockville MD DWI lawyers can confirm, not everyone who is drunk shows physical signs. They can still increase the risk of accidents on the road.
- You can sleep-off alcohol. Unfortunately, this is another untruth that some people believe. Those who have had several alcoholic beverages may try to take a nap before getting behind the wheel. However, sleeping will nott help the body remove alcohol any faster.
- Larger people can handle alcohol better and drive safely. It is true that it will take longer for a larger person to feel the effects of alcohol than a smaller person. However, larger people can still become very intoxicated and should not operate a vehicle after they have had too much to drink.
Why you Need Cohen & Cohen as your Rockville MD DWI lawyers
The consequences of a DWI conviction can be devastating – jail time, fines, license suspension or revocation, increased insurance premiums…the list goes on. If convicted of a DWI offense in Maryland it will stay on your record forever unless we get it expunged from your record through our expungement process. Don’t let one mistake ruin the rest of your life.
We understand that this is an extremely difficult time for you and your family. That’s why we are here to help guide you through the legal process and fight on your behalf so that you can get back to living life as soon as possible. We have over 20 years of experience defending clients just like yourself against all types of criminal charges including DWI, drug crimes, violent offenses and more!
Cohen & Cohen has helped hundreds of people just like you avoid jail time by getting their charges reduced or dismissed entirely! Our team will work tirelessly with the prosecution until we find a way out of this mess together!
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury from an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, it may be in your best interest to reach out to Cohen & Cohen to set up a free consultation with trusted and experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyers.
How to Handle a Drunk Driver on the Road
If you believe you are on the road with a drunk driver, it is important to think about your safety first. Drunk drivers are more likely to cause car accidents that result in serious injuries. Here are some tips for dealing with a drunk driver on the road.
- Keep a safe distance away from the drunk driver. If you are sharing the road with an impaired driver, don’t follow too closely behind him or her. To maintain your own safety, it’s critical for you to stay several car lengths behind the drunk driver. If the driver hits the brakes suddenly, begins swerving or performs another dangerous maneuver on the road, you will be less likely to get hurt if you maintain a safe distance.
- Put your seatbelt on. Although you should always wear your seatbelt when in a vehicle, it becomes especially important if you’re near a drunk driver. You might not be able to prevent drunk drivers from being on the road, but buckling your seatbelt can help you survive a crash caused by a drunk driver.
- Be extra careful at intersections. As Rockville MD DWI lawyers can confirm, car accidents caused by drunk drivers are more likely to occur at intersections. As such, you should be very cautious at intersections when there is a drunk driver nearby. Slow your speed down and remember to look both ways.
- Don’t try to pass a drunk driver. When a drunk driver is driving erratically, you may be tempted to just pass him or her. Don’t do this. If you try to pass a drunk driver, he or she could swerve or speed up, putting you in more danger.
- Don’t signal a drunk driver to pull over. If you believe a motorist is exhibiting signs of drunk driving, you might think that signaling for him or her to pull over is the right thing to do. However, this could backfire and put you in a dangerous situation. Drunk drivers are not in their right mind and don’t have the best judgment. They may hit your vehicle on purpose if you try to intervene.
- Call the police. If you suspect that there is a drunk driver on the road, it is important to notify the police as soon as possible. They are better equipped to handle the situation.
Qualities to Look for in a DWI Lawyer
After being charged for driving under the influence, or DWI in Maryland, be sure to do research about the lawyer you plan to retain to represent you in court. The lawyers at Cohen & Cohen P.C. have decades of experience representing clients in court. Be sure that you work with a lawyer who specializes in DWI related cases. When you work with a lawyer who has a proven record of success in DWI cases, your odds of achieving the desired outcome are much greater. Less experienced lawyers may lack an understanding of local courts and relationships with judges that also improve odds of achieving the desired outcome.
The reputation of a lawyer’s effectiveness in court is important to consider prior to making a selection. Our law firm has received many accolades over the years and is considered to be one of the most revered in the DMV area. To form your own opinion about our reputation, be sure to check out our press room page, and testimonials. When you retain legal representation from Cohen & Cohen P.C., you can be confident that your case will be handled with care and individualized attention to detail. We have the reputation in the DMV area for being one of the most effective firms by clients and news organizations.
Availability & Punctuality
When selecting a lawyer to represent you in a DWI related case, availability and punctuality are an essential attribute to look for. Our firm is readily available to evaluate your case. Contact Cohen & Cohen P.C. anytime, nights, weekends, 24/7. We are available 24/7. Our paralegals work closely with our lawyers to provide a quick and accurate analysis of your case. For immediate assistance, call our offices. We understand the urgency of DWI related cases and are here to help when you need it most.
At Cohen & Cohen P.C., we treat each client with compassion and respect with the goal of delivering the best legal services in the area. If you are facing a DWI charge, or have been involved in an incident where another driver was charged with DWI and was allegedly responsible for your injury or damage to personal property, we hope that you will contact our office to learn more about our practice and how we can be of assistance. We will do our best to help you feel confident in your decision to retain a lawyer from our firm to represent you.
Contact an Experienced DWI Lawyer
Cohen & Cohen has been practicing throughout the DMV area for years and we have won millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We understand that drunk driving accidents may be particularly complex when they occur in the DMV area and we are capable of providing legal counsel in these cases. Even if you are unsure about your ability to file a lawsuit against another driver, we may be able to look at your case and help you determine the options available.
To find out more information about our law firm, or to set up a consultation with an experienced Rockville, MD DWI lawyer, contact Cohen & Cohen today.