Bethesda MD auto accident lawyers
If you or a loved one has been in an auto accident in Bethesda, it is important to choose Bethesda, MD auto accident lawyers that are especially suited to you and the kind of accident you or your loved one was in.
No one likes to be in an auto accident. Whether or not you are at fault, or whether or not any involved parties had serious injuries, and the amount of property damage that occurred, are only some of the challenges you may be facing after an accident. Making sense of it all can be overwhelming and confusing.
Do not assume your insurance company has your best interests at heart, as they have their own company motives. You owe it to yourself, whatever the circumstances to explore your legal rights and ensure you have the knowledge to ensure you get the most favorable outcome for your particular situation.
But how do you find experienced and reputable Bethesda, MD auto accident lawyers?
Here are some factors to consider in your quest to determine if you need an accident lawyer and who to choose if you do:
- Ask for referrals. Chances are good that at least someone you know has had to hire an accident attorney. Ask about their experiences and compile a list of recommended attorneys to contact.
- Google auto accident attorneys in your local area and read their reviews.
- Contact at least 3 attorneys and ask them questions. Almost all law firms will give you a free consultation.
Considerations When Choosing a Lawyer
- Years of experience in the field and types of specialties. Depending on whether or not you were at fault, you may need a different type of attorney. If you were at fault, you will need a defense attorney. If you were not at fault and have damages, such as personal injuries or property damage, you will want personal injury lawyers who are experienced with successfully defending the rights of auto accident victims in Bethesda, MD.
- How many cases has the attorney taken to trial? Some attorneys prefer to go trial and others try to avoid trial and reach a settlement outside of court. Make sure you choose an attorney who has the necessary confidence and experience to take your case to trial, if that’s what it takes to get you the best outcome. Most cases settle out of court, but not all of them should.
- Ask if they have taken a case like yours in the past. Ask for details about what to expect, how long it took to reach a settlement and what kinds of settlements prior clients received.
- Ask for details about other past cases and high value settlements. Try to find an attorney who has proven experience in getting a large judgment for their clients. Ask about their win ratio against other auto accident lawyers in Bethesda and throughout MD.
- Ask how they get paid. Some attorneys work on contingency, which means they pay upfront expenses and take a high percentage of any monetary settlement granted. Other attorneys get paid by the hour. If you have the funds, sometime this can be a better choice, as you will potentially get to keep a larger amount of the settlement. Other attorneys charge a flat fee, but this is more common when you are hiring a defense lawyer.
- Find out if the attorney has received disciplinary actions from the State Bar or other authorities for malpractice of any kind.
We at Cohen & Cohen have over 25 years of experience representing auto accident victims. We work hard to get our clients the highest possible settlement for their injuries, property damage and pain and suffering. We aren’t afraid to go to trial if needed and we are happy to work with you to make sure you get the best possible representation.
For highly rated Bethesda, MD auto accident lawyers that Bethesda auto accident victims and their families recommend, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation with no obligations.