Greenbelt, MD Hospital Accident Lawyer
It is common for the negligence of a hospital healthcare provider to lead to medical malpractice cases that warrant the need for a reliable Greenbelt, MD hospital accident lawyer. If you or someone you love has been the victim of medical malpractice in Greenbelt or its surrounding areas, it may be in your best interest to contact a lawyer who is licensed to practice in Maryland to help you determine whether or not you should pursue compensation for the healthcare provider’s negligence.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
- A survey by the National Patient Safety Foundation found that 42% of medical patients believe they have been the victim of some form of medical malpractice.
- The Institute of Medicine reported an estimate of between 44,000 – 98,00 deaths per year, and up to 1 million injuries occur each year as the result of medical malpractice.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) the aforementioned are conservative numbers.
In a report by JAMA, up to 284,000 deaths occur each year as a direct result of medical malpractice. If a beloved family member has died as the result of medical malpractice, their surviving family members may be able to seek justice on their behalf with the help of a Greenbelt, MD hospital accident lawyer.
According to the JAMA report mentioned above, the death toll from medical malpractices roughly breaks down to the following numbers:
- Unnecessary surgeries = 2,000 death
- Medical error hospital accidents = 7,000 deaths
- Non-medical error hospital accidents = 20,000 deaths
- Infections occurring in hospitals = 80,000
- Negative effects of medications = 106,000 deaths
It is an unfortunate reality that while hospitals can be safe places, they can also be very dangerous places. Because of this, many families find themselves in need of a hospital accident lawyer who is familiar with Greenbelt hospitals and courts as well other places in MD where hospital accidents occur.
When someone is injured, disabled or put through pain because of someone else’s negligence, they may be entitled to compensation. In the case of medical malpractice, a negligent healthcare provider or group of healthcare providers may be liable for expenses related to the victim’s injuries.
Analyses suggest that per year, medical misdiagnoses can lead to the following:
- 116 million physician visits
- 77 million unnecessary prescriptions
- 17 million emergency room visits
- 8 million hospital admissions
- 3 million long-term admissions
If you or someone you love has been injured in a hospital accident, it is important to know what your rights are and to make sure that they are upheld. It is important to protect your financial future. A good way to start doing this is by enlisting the help of a Greenbelt, MD personal injury lawyer who is experienced at successfully defending the rights of hospital accident victims.
For a personal injury law firm with a track record of over 25 years of successfully defending the rights of medical and to speak with a highly rated Greenbelt, MD hospital accident lawyer, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation, today.