Maryland Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Despite all the warnings against drunk driving, there are still thousands of drunk driving accidents Maryland residents experience. When individuals drive drunk, they can’t think as clearly and are more likely to crash into other vehicles. Many people have gotten seriously injure and even killed because of drunk drivers.
Here are a few ways you can defend yourself from drunk drivers so that you can avoid drunk driving accidents in Maryland:
- Do not get too close to the car in front of you: It’s a good idea to stay several car lengths behind the vehicle in front of you. If you notice that the driver is swerving or acting strange, you will be able to get away from him or her a lot easier.
- Do not drive late at night: To avoid drunk driving accidents Maryland locals are afraid of, try not to drive at night. Drunk driving accidents are more likely to happen in the evening hours, especially on the weekends.
- Wear your seatbelt: While you can’t stop people from driving drunk, you can protect yourself as much as possible. One of the best ways to do this is to wear your seatbelt. If your seatbelt is fastened and you get into a drunk driving accident, you will be less likely to suffer serious injuries.
- Be careful at intersections: Drunk driving accidents Maryland residents fear often happen at intersections. That is why you should drive a little slower through intersections and look both ways.
- Be a designated driver: Volunteering to drive intoxicated people home can prevent drunk driving accidents. For example, if you are at a party and notice that a person has had too much to drink, offer to take him or her home.
- Notify police if you suspect a drunk driver: If you believe that driver is drunk, don’t hesitate to report him or her to the police. When you call the police, give them the exact location of the vehicle and the description of the vehicle.
- Hide a person’s keys: If you are at a gathering where people are drinking, do not be afraid to hide someone’s keys if you think he or she has had too much to drink. That person might be mad at first, but hiding his or her keys can prevent drunk driving accidents Maryland locals worry about.
Hiring a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you deserve to speak to a Maryland drunk driving accident lawyer. He or she can help you file a lawsuit against the driver and receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages. Your lawyer may communicate with insurance adjusters on your behalf and protect your best interests. What happened to you wasn’t fair and you deserve justice for that.
If you are ready to discuss your case, contact Cohen & Cohen P.C. for a free consultation. Our dedicated lawyers are ready to listen to you and offer valuable advice.