If you’ve experienced an injury while on the job, you might wonder whether or not you should hire a workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD offers. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. has a team of lawyers who are ready to answer your questions during a free consultation. With decades of combined experience and a determination to represent our clients as best we can, we fight for the justice our clients are looking for.
When You Should Retain a Baltimore MD Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Workers’ compensation has been developed to provide financial assistance, in the form of lost wages and medical care, to employees who have been injured while working. Due to the structure of the system, you can file for worker’s’ compensation without a lawyer. However, this may only be advisable in a few situations such as:
- When you’ve incurred a minor injury while working, which may not have lasting damages
- When you have missed very little, or no, work to recover from your accident
- When your employer admits you were involved in the accident while working and coverage for your situation is readily available
- The associated insurance carriers are not causing any issues with your claim
- You had no previous problems to the part of your body that was injured
Before you file workers’ compensation on your own, you should meet most, if not all, of the criteria above. Otherwise, you could risk being declined, which then requires you to go through a lengthy appeals process. You may also still want to consult with a workers’ compensation lawyer in Baltimore MD to discuss your claim. He or she might be able to guide you through the process and explain various what you should expect. This advice can be especially useful for those who do not understand the process or encompassing legalities.
When You Should Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Baltimore MD Has to Offer
Although Maryland has a workers’ comp program in place, some employers and insurance carriers make the process difficult as an attempt to challenge the employee’s benefits. This can lead to emotional stress, financial burdens, and other hurdles, and having a workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD residents can rely on is often essential. You should not hesitate to contact a lawyer if any of the following apply to you:
- Your employer or insurance company is telling you that your injury is not covered or related to a work accident
- Your employer or insurance company is insisting that you take a settlement that is less than your medical bills and lost wages
- You are unable to return to your job, another job, or from returning to work at all
- You are receiving Social Security disability benefits
- You have a third party claim (such as those from a car accident)
- Your employer or insurance company refuses to answer your questions or follow up phone calls
- You were fired or made redundant after your work accident
- You’re being intimidated or harassed by your employer or insurance company
A workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD residents trust can discuss the nature of your claim during a free consultation. If you have legal options, a lawyers may let you know how much your case is worth to prepare you to accept a fair settlement if and when it is offered to you. Finally, by turning to a lawyer, you may ease the burden of having to communicate with insurance carriers or employers about your situation.
Cohen and Cohen, P.C., A Workers’ Comp Lawyer You Can Count On
If you’re not prepared to file a workers’ comp claim on your own, or are experiencing problems with getting the compensation you’re looking for, Cohen and Cohen, P.C., would like to talk to you. To schedule a free consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer Baltimore MD residents trust, please call 301-250-1957.