Workers Compensation Lawyers Greenbelt, MD
Work injuries that are caused by machinery may warrant the need for workers compensation lawyers Greenbelt, MD workers and their families can rely on.
Factory workers often have to work with several machines throughout the day. While these machines can make speed up the job, they can be dangerous if used improperly. Workers can suffer life-threatening injuries if they don’t use a machine correctly. That’s why it’s critical for employers to ensure workers receive extensive training on how to use the machines. Workers who become injured while using a machine at work may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. To help you determine if you or a loved one is entitled to workers compensation for an accident that happened in Greenbelt, MD, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with reliable workers compensation lawyers.
Common Types of Machinery Accidents
Employees who work with machines can be at risk of injuries if they’re not careful. Here are some of the most common types of machinery accidents:
- Entrapment: Entrapment accidents occur when employees get their fingers, arms and other body parts caught in a machine. These can lead to life-threatening injuries. Workers can also get their clothes, hair and jewelry caught in machines.
- Contact Injuries: Workers who come in contact with hot machinery parts and sharp edges are also in danger of suffering injuries. It’s important for employers to give them personal protective equipment to prevent this from happening.
- Ejector Accidents: If parts fly out faulty machinery, employees can get hit and injured. Employers should periodically check their machinery for faulty parts and replace them when necessary.
If you or someone you love has been injured in Greenbelt or anyplace else in MD in one of these types of accidents, talking to workers compensation lawyers may help you to make more informed decisions about what your next steps should be.
Common Types of Machinery Injuries
Machine accidents can result in minor to severe injuries. Some injuries just take a few days to recover from while others are life-threatening. Here are some common injuries caused by machine accidents:
- Electric Shock: Employees who touch faulty machinery may be in danger of suffering electric shock. They may deal with severe burns, broken bones and internal injuries from getting shocked.
- Head Injuries: If employees get hit in the head from objects flying out of a faulty machine, they may suffer head injuries. They may experience blurry vision, confusion and difficulty concentrating afterward.
When someone is injured at work in Greenbelt, MD or anyplace else in Maryland, they should discuss what their rights are with reputable workers compensation lawyers who are licensed to practice in Maryland.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Employees who touch sharp edges of machinery are at risk of suffering cuts and lacerations. These injuries can be very painful and become infected if not treated promptly. Some lacerations may even cause permanent scarring.
- Loss of Limbs: Employees who get trapped in machinery are in danger of losing their limbs.
Hiring a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Injuries that occur in the workplace in Greenbelt and throughout MD, often entitle the worker to workers compensation that lawyers may be able to help the injured worker attain.
If you got injured using a machine at work and want to file a workers’ compensation claim, you might be wondering if you should hire a workers’ compensation lawyer or not. Whether you have suffered a minor or major injury, the accident could have probably been avoided if your employer followed safety regulations. What happened to you wasn’t fair and you deserve justice for that. An experience workers’ compensation lawyer can help you file a timely claim and fight hard for your rights. He or she can negotiate with insurance companies and improve your chances of getting a fair settlement.
Many workers’ compensation lawyers offer free initial consultations. Schedule a meeting with one today to discuss your case and get it moving in the right direction.
For workers compensation lawyers Greenbelt, MD workers recommend, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation any time of the day, any day of the year.