Sarah Andrews has filed a $3 million lawsuit against Disneyworld, claiming she suffered a serious head injury while getting off the Space Mountain ride.
The lawsuit stems back to an incident that occurred in December 2017. Andrews was riding Space Mountain when the ride malfunctioned, causing her ride vehicle to be rerouted to a maintenance tunnel. As she got off the ride, a Disneyland cast member reportedly told the riders to look down and watch their step. However, he didn’t tell them about the low ceiling.
Andrews said she then violently hit her head on the ceiling. She experienced pain, dizziness and disorientation for the rest of her stay. She later went to the emergency room where she was diagnosed with a concussion initially. Her lawsuit stated that she actually suffered a traumatic brain injury and permanent impairment requiring extensive treatment.
Disneyland has unfortunately been facing more than just one personal injury a lawsuit. Last November, a woman claimed that she was bitten by bedbugs during her stay at a Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.
Ivy Eldridge said that she was bitten throughout her body and was subjected to severe pain and suffering. Photos provided by her lawyer showed red bite marks on her shoulders, neck, back and ears.
The lawsuit claims that the hotel was previously notified of its bedbug infestation and didn’t do anything about it.
“People put trust in the Disney name and pay top dollar to stay at Disneyland Hotel. In this case, Ms. Eldridge’s trust was betrayed,” Eldride’s lawyer, Brian Virag, said.
“This was not a situation where a person sustained one or two bites. Ms. Eldridge was bitten throughout her body, including, but not limited to her face, ears, neck, arms, and back. She was absolutely butchered,” he added.
A spokesperson didn’t comment directly on the lawsuit, but said that the resort takes extensive preventative measures to keep guests safe. “We welcome millions of guests at our hotels and these occurrences are extremely rare. We take extensive preventative measures so that our guests are comfortable and safe during their hotel stays, and when needed, take aggressive steps to rectify.”