When you need a motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers turn to, contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. Our legal team is dedicated to representing the rights of motorcyclists who have been involved in an accident and may have suffered injuries or sustained damages as a result.The Stats
According to studies, motorcyclists — due to the nature of their vehicle — are often subject to much greater levels of hazards on the road than the average automobile driver:
1. Right-of-Way Interference
In about two-thirds of all accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle, the at-fault driver is the one who interferes with the motorcyclist’s right-of-way. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers choose to represent them may perform a careful and detailed on-scene investigation. This can help determine:
- The order of events leading up to the accident.
- The accuracy of witness statements.
- Who was at fault.
The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen have successfully represented many riders who were unfortunate victims of accidents which resulted in a personal injury. Financial restitution can help victims who otherwise might not be able to afford the level of medical care they need to recover from their injuries and move on with their lives.
2. Blind Spots
One of the biggest causes of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other drivers to see motorcyclists in traffic, resulting in collisions between motorcycles and cars or trucks. By the time the other driver sees the motorcyclist, it’s often too late.
A motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD riders turn to for legal help may understand that motorcyclists can be especially vulnerable on the road when compared to car and truck drivers. At Cohen and Cohen we believe in serving our clients and protecting their rights, especially if they are at greater risk on the road.
One of the most common locations where accidents occur between a car or truck and a motorcyclist are intersections. Often, it’s because the other driver did not honor the motorcyclist’s right-of-way, was speeding, changing lanes, ignoring a red light or a stop sign. Not every motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers hire will perform a thorough and meticulous accident investigation
4. Age as a Greater Factor
Riders aged 40 and older are more likely to be injured in a motorcycle accident than those who are younger. Researchers cited several explanations for this:
- Older riders have a slower reaction time.
- People 40 and over have poorer vision.
- Younger people favor smaller, more maneuverable bikes which have less tendency to roll than the larger bikes that older bikers ride.
- Younger riders are less likely to sustain major injuries.
Though the number of injuries for all motorcyclists is increasing, this is especially true for riders aged 60 and older. That group is two and a half times more likely to experience serious injuries. Injuries common among riders 40 and older are:
- Brain damage
- Bone fractures
If you have been injured as a result of a motorcycle injury, do not hesitate to contact a Rockville MD motorcycle accident lawyer immediately.
5. Antilock Brakes
Antilock brakes have proven to be an effective method for minimizing the risk of riding a motorcycle, which results in fewer accident claims and serious injuries.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, antilock brake-enabled motorcycles are 37 percent less likely to die in a motorcycle accident.
- In another study, it was found that motorcycles with an antilock brake system are 23 percent less likely to be involved in a motorcycle accident.
- Motorcyclists with an antilock braking system are 34 percent less likely to file a medical claim for injuries suffered in an accident.
- Riders with antilock brakes are 30 percent less likely to file an accident claim within 90 days of a new insurance policy.
6. Fuel Leaks
In 62% of motorcycle accidents, fuel spills and leaks occur as a result, which increases the risk of fire. This is notably higher than the risk of fire in non-motorcycle involved crashes.
When you’re looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD motorcyclists can be confident in, you want a motorcycle accident lawyer with the level of experience to develop the strongest possible legal case on your behalf. Our attorneys have litigated more than 10,000 personal injury cases. Their extensive experience in these cases can be to your advantage when they represent you against the at-fault driver and insurance companies.
You also want a motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers trust to be knowledgeable about motor vehicle laws and personal injury litigation to represent you. The legal team of Cohen and Cohen thoroughly understands motor vehicle laws are ever changing. We stay up to date on how to best fight on behalf of our clients.
Cohen and Cohen is motivated to help you. We’ve built our practice on a foundation of representing our clients’ best interests and winning cases on their behalf. Our legal firm has grown as a result of satisfied clients and their referrals.
How We Can Help You
The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen are experienced with helping motorcyclists like you who have been involved in accidents and suffered as a result. We offer a free no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and how we can assist you. We may be able to help you with:
- Filing claims against the other driver’s insurance company
- Filing claims against your own insurance company
- Possibly recovering more money from the insurance companies than you might on your own if you chose not to have an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Rockville MD to represent you
- Seeking additional avenues of recovery by pursuing the personal assets of the at-fault driver if they are not insured or are underinsured
Contact Cohen, P.C. and Cohen today when you need a motorcycle accident lawyer Rockville MD turns to for answers.