What Should you do if you are Injured in an Accident with a DWI Driver in Maryland?

Frequently Asked Questions

DWI lawyers Wheaton MD

DWI lawyers Wheaton MDIf you are injured in an accident in Maryland with a driver who is intoxicated, there are many steps you can take to try to protect your rights including, enlisting the help of DWI lawyers Wheaton, MD community members can rely on. If your accident happened outside of Maryland, you should contact lawyers who are licensed to practice in the state where your accident happened.

When Should you Call 911?

If anyone is injured in an accident and/or the accident is causing a road hazard, someone should call 911. If injuries and dangers to other motorists are not an emergency, you should not call 911. If you are unsure of whether or not to call 911 you should err on the side of caution and call but make sure you let the operator know that you are not sure if you should be calling 911 or local safety authorities directly.

Regardless of whether there is a need to call 911, it is a good idea for people involved in an accident with a driver who is intoxicated to discuss what their rights are with reputable DWI lawyers in Wheaton or near where their accident occurred in MD.

When Should you Seek Medical Attention?

If someone is not injured to the point of needing emergency care but feels even the slightest bit off in the days and weeks following an accident, they should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries are not apparent to the victim until days or even weeks after an accident.

It is important that a DWI accident victim have record of any injuries they sustained as a result of their accident. Medical records can be important parts of evidence if a DWI accident victim needs to file a personal injury claim to try to get compensation for medical expenses that are related to their accident.

A good place to start finding out the things that you should do after an accident with a DWI or DUI driver, is by discussing your situation with DWI lawyers in Wheaton, MD or ones who are licensed to practice in the area where your accident happened.

When Should you Call the Police or Other Law Enforcement?

If you suspect that someone you were in an accident with is driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, you should contact the police immediately even if the accident did not cause serious damage or injuries.

This should be done so that there is evidence of the accident happening, and to have a law enforcement officer make an official determination of whether or not the driver is intoxicated.

If the driver is intoxicated, it is important to keep them off of the road in order to prevent them from injuring someone or causing property damage down the road.

In the event a victim of an accident with an intoxicated driver needs to file a personal injury claim to hold the driver liable for their negligence, police records can often be used as evidence to help the victim and their Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers.

For DWI lawyers Wheaton, MD DWI and DUI accident victims can count on, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation, today.

Injury Attorneys DC, MD, VA – Get the Compensation You Deserve! Whether you have been injured in a car accident, a malpractice victim, injured on the job, as the result of shoddy craftsmanship, or in a slip and fall, we can help! Our experienced, competent attorneys excel in all areas of personal injury law.

FREE CASE evaluation

Our team is available and ready to help you with your case. Feel free to contact us via the form below or call us  24/7 at 202-955-4529

Read more: