What should I do after a trucking accident?
Truck accidents can be scary and the reality is, they often cause innocent people to get hurt and wind up in need of reliable Frederick, MD trucking accident lawyers. Truck accidents involve one or more a huge vehicles and there’s great potential for serious injury. After a truck accident, you’re shaken and you’re not sure what to do next.
Here’s a guide:
- Call 911 – Even if there are no injuries, you should still call 911 to get a police report. This can prove extremely beneficial down the road.
- If there are injuries, make sure you get those looked at by medical professionals as soon as possible. You don’t want to wait as your health is supremely important. You also want to make sure that you have records of your injuries for any settlement negotiations or claims you may bring.
- Gather witness contact information. This will be on the police report but it’s best, if you’re able, to get the contact information for witnesses yourself. This ensures you have the ability to reach out to them immediately and not wait for a copy of the police report.
In the event you wind up in need of trucking accident lawyers in Frederick or someplace else in MD, much of what is suggested in these guidelines may help to provide them with the evidence and information they need to successfully defend your claim and your rights.
- Call your insurance company. There are some insurance companies that will actually raise your rates or assess penalties if you fail to tell them you’ve been in an accident, even if you’re not at fault. By calling your insurance company, you can alert them to the accident so they are put on notice that there may be a claim coming.
- Call Cohen & Cohen next. Once you make sure you’re okay, call us. When you’re injured in a truck accident, you will eventually need the services of a skilled and experienced truck accident lawyer. Get our advice and our assistance right away.
Truck accidents are a different beast. A normal car accident lawyer may not be able to help you to the degree that we can. Cohen & Cohen has trucking accident lawyers that have been helping clients just like you for over 25 years, in Frederick and throughout MD, DC and VA. We have the experience you need to help you get back on your feet.
Cohen & Cohen has established relationships with expert witnesses who can review the facts of your case and provide testimony that will help you recover damages for your injuries. Our experts provide testimony in a range of areas:
- Accident reconstruction
- Industry standards
It is important that you use a law firm that has experience in trucking accidents. It is different than simple car accidents. There are regulations involved that our experts can provide industry standard testimony on showing that the driver and company involved in your truck accident failed to adhere to these standards.
Cohen & Cohen’s Frederick, MD trucking accident lawyers will be working hard throughout your case so that you don’t have to.
By using our expert witnesses, we can help you recover damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
Your recovery is important. Your ability to return to the life you had prior to your truck accident is important. The lawyer you choose to represent you is important.
The decision to hire a truck accident lawyer is not an easy one. That’s why we offer you a free no obligation consultation where the experienced truck accident lawyers of Cohen & Cohen will review your case and provide you with a plan of attack to help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
For highly rated Frederick, MD trucking accident lawyers, contact Cohen & Cohen any time of the day or night, any day of the year, to set up a free case evaluation.