DUI lawyers Frederick, MD
Have you been a victim of A DUI? Are you interested in learning in learning about the penalties the other driver may face? Well DUI lawyers Frederick, MD residents rely on have the answers.
The first step to establishing possible penalties for the other driver is seeing if the driver was actually convicted of a DUI. The other driver may have been under the influence, but unless they are convinced by a jury, these penalties may not apply.
Laws vary from state to state however, many states laws make it unlawful for a person to drive or be in control of a vehicle if;
- The driver was under the influence of liquor, any drug, a vapor-releasing toxic substance, or any combination of these three if the person was impaired.
- The person had a BAC level of 0.08 or more while they were incontrol of the vehicle from alcohol that was consumed either while driving the vehicle or before driving the vehicle.
- The person had any drug or its metabolite in their body.
- The person was driving a commercial motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.04 or more
According to DUI lawyers in Frederick, MD, If it is the person’s first time being convicted of a DUI:
- The person will most likely be sentenced no less than ten consecutive days in jail with no bail. The person will not be eligible for probation.
- The person will most likely pay a fine of two hundred fifty dollars or more.
- The person may be ordered by court to perform a certain number of community service hours.
- The person may have to pay about five hundred dollars to prison construction and operations funds and an additional five hundred to the public safety equipment fund.
- May be required by the department to equip their vehicle with a certified ignition interlock device.
- May be required to complete an alcohol or drug treatment program.
According to DUI lawyers in Frederick, MD, If the person is convicted of a second DUI within 84 months of the first the person:
- Shall serve at least ninety days in jail, with 30 of these days being consecutive. The person will not be eligible or probation.
- Shall pay at least a five hundred dollar fine.
- Shall serve at least thirty hours of community service.
- Shall have their drivers licence removed for at least a year.
- Shall pay one thousand two hundred fifty dollars to the prison construction and operations fund as well as the same amount to the public safety equipment fund.
DUI lawyers in Frederick, MD will likely inform you that an extreme DUI is a case where the person driving had a BAC level of 0.15 or more.
A person who commits this this will face:
- No less than thirty consecutive days in jail with no option for probation or suspension of execution of sentence.
- A fine of two hundred fifty dollars or more.
- An assessment of two hundred fifty dollars.
- Community service hours.
- Any vehicle owned must be equipped with a certified ignition interlock device.
- An assessment of one thousand dollars to the prison construction and operations fund as well as the same amount to the public safety equipment fund.
If you were a victim in a DUI accident, contact the attorneys at Cohen & Cohen today to get the compensation you deserve. Call today to set up your free consultation with DUI lawyers Frederick, MD residents can count on.