Hospital Negligence Lawyer Silver Spring, MD
A hospital negligence lawyer Silver Spring, MD victims of hospital negligence can rely on, may be able to help you or a loved one seek compensation for expenses that are the result of injuries or illnesses caused by a hospital’s negligence. A hospital negligence lawyer is typically a personal injury lawyer who is experienced and educated in cases involving hospitals, their employees and affiliates.
A good hospital negligence lawyer will be committed to defending the rights of people who have been wronged by a hospital they entrusted their well-being and safety to. In the horrific event of a family losing a loved one to a hospital’s negligence, a hospital negligence lawyer may be able to defend the rights of the deceased and the rights of their surviving family members.
If you or someone you love has been injured because of a hospital’s negligence in Silver Spring, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a hospital negligence lawyer who is familiar with MD courts in the area.
What is hospital negligence?
Hospital negligence refers to when a patient of a hospital becomes injured or unwell as the result of one or more of the hospital’s employees’ or its affiliates’ negligence. This can occur both inpatient and outpatient visits. People can become ill and injured because of hospital negligence for many different reasons, some of which include:
- Failure to diagnose illnesses and conditions
- Prescribing and/or administering the wrong medications or treatments
- Anesthesia errors
- Medical equipment malfunctions
- Doctor performs wrong surgery
- Doctor performs surgery incorrectly
- Misread test results
- Hospital staff fails to listen to patient complaints
- Hospital staff fails to adequately monitor patients who cannot speak for themselves
- Hospital staff does not respond to warning signals of patient duress in a timely manner
- Surgical equipment and materials left inside patient
- Failure to make sure patient is not being prescribed medications that will react adversely to one or another
If you or someone you love has suffered because of any of the common reasons for hospital negligence listed above or ones not mentioned here, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a hospital negligence lawyer who is license to practice in Silver Spring and throughout MD.
What kinds of compensation can a hospital negligence victim seek?
A hospital negligence victim can typically seek compensation in Maryland when the victim can prove that they were in fact injured or ill, and that that injury or illness is the result of one or more of the hospital’s employees or affiliates being negligent in their care for their patient. The expenses that a victim may be able to seek compensation for, or that a deceased victim’s surviving family members may be able to try to recover, include but are not limited to:
- Hospitalization bills
- Emergency services
- Prescription and over the counter medications
- Loss of income
- Loss of ability
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of health benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and cremation or burial expenses
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of consortium (spousal support)
- Loss of retirement benefits
- Grief and suffering
The information contained in this post is not intended to be legal advice. A good place to get legal advice about hospital negligence is from a lawyer who is licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where a negligent hospital is located.
For a highly rated hospital negligence lawyer Silver Spring, MD hospital negligence victims and their families can rely on, contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. for a free case evaluation with no obligation.