If you want some of the best personal injury lawyers Washington DC may offer, contact us at Cohen & Cohen immediately. If you’ve been seriously injured through no fault of your own, you may wish to seek legal advice without delay. Medical bills can add up very quickly and you may also be missing work during your recovery. Don’t wait to get a lawyer to fight for your rights.
As one of the best personal injury attorneys in Washington DC, Wayne Cohen may help you recover damages from the responsible party. Call our DC office at (202) 955-4529 to schedule a free consultation. For now, here is an answer to one of the most common questions we hear from personal injury victims.
As one of the best personal injury attorneys Washington DC provides, Wayne Cohen has helped thousands of victims recover their damages. Depending on the nature of your accident and the costs you’ve already incurred or will incur, you may be eligible to recover the following damages:
- Past, current, and anticipated medical costs. This may include everything from ambulance transportation to surgery to rehabilitation and anything in-between. The best personal injury attorneys Washington DC victims turn to in similar cases may review your itemized expenses (and estimated future expenses) to determine what damages qualify.
- Wages you haven’t been able to earn because of your injuries. For some, they may lose days of work; for others, they could be facing months or even years of lost wages. Or, it’s possible that you can return to work but are unable to work your regular job and have to take a paycut as a result. These are all expenses that some of the best personal injury attorneys Washington DC residents choose to represent them may take into account when fighting for damage compensation.
- Personal property damaged in the accident. For example, if you were walking and had a laptop in your backpack, which had been broken in a slip and fall accident, the at-fault party might be held responsible for the cost of the repairs or replacement of your laptop. Personal property may also include your vehicle, electronic devices, clothing, etc.
- Pain and suffering. Sadly, it’s common for victims of serious accidents to experience severe emotional and mental trauma. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is another common result for victims. If, for example, your injuries resulted from a car accident and you are now unable to drive again for psychological reasons, you might be compensated for that.
- Punitive damages. This is less common than the other types of damages claimed in most accident cases. Punitive damages are intended to punish the guilty person, usually for intentionally and willfully trying to harm a victim. This type of damage may be awarded in addition to the damages listed above. As your attorney, Wayne Cohen may advise you on whether or not your case merits seeking punitive damages.
Choose Cohen & Cohen
Being seriously injured after an accident is bad enough, but it’s worse if you have to cover the costs yourself. You have the legal right to seek damages from the party responsible for your injury. For a free consultation with some of the best personal injury attorneys Washington DC has in the city, contact Cohen & Cohen today.