Montgomery County MD bike accident lawyers
If you have been injured in a Montgomery County bicycle accident, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with Montgomery County, MD bike accident lawyers.
If you got injured while riding a bicycle who can you sue?
There can be many sources responsible for your accident depending on what factors played a role in causing the injury. Possible sources may include:
- Negligent drivers of automobiles, buses, or trucks
- Negligent manufacturers or retailers of bicycles, bicycle parts, bicycle accessories and/or vehicles
- If the accident is caused by a dangerous condition created by an unsafe roadway, The city, county, or state who maintains the roads may be liable
- Negligent repair shops or mechanics – if the accident was caused by negligent repair of a vehicle or bicycle.
- Dangerous condition of public or private property – if the accident happened due to negligent design, maintenance, or upkeep of public or private property – including construction, tree trimming, etc.
If your Montgomery County bike accident was caused by any of the above or reasons not mentioned here, finding out what your rights are from a personal injury lawyer who is experienced with protecting the rights of accident victims, may help you to make more informed decisions about what you should take as your next steps.
Are there any special laws that apply to bicyclists?
Laws differ from state to state but commonly:
- You must ride facing forward
- Only one person should be on the bicycle unless a baby seat is attached with a proper harness or seat for more than one rider.
- Do not ride on sidewalks unless local law permits.
- Do not be pulled by another vehicle
- Give the proper signals when turning or stopping.
- If riding at night, the bicycle must have proper lights and reflectors.
Could I be found at fault in my bicycle accident?
- Yes, if you violate the law and that is the cause of the accident or if you operate the bicycle in a negligent manner, you may be found at fault for your bicycle accident.
If I recently got a repair on my bicycle and then got in an accident related to the repair, can I sue the repair shop?
- You may be able to, but you will have to prove that the accident was caused as a direct result of the negligence of the person who did the repairs.
For questions like these, and the many others that you most likely have, a good place to get answers is from bike accident lawyers in Montgomery County and those who are licensed to practice throughout MD.
What rights do I have if my child was injured or killed in a bicycle accident?
- In the event of an accident resulting in an injury, a claim possibly could be made against the at fault party. In the event of an accident resulting in death, a wrongful death action can be brought against the at fault party.
Can I still recover compensation for my injuries if I was injured in a hit-and-run bicycle accident?
- The cops might be able to find the person responsible and you get compensation from him or her; additionally, you can file an insurance claim to cover a portion of the damages.
Should I hire an attorney for my bicycle accident?
- Yes, a qualified personal injury firm may be able to offer substantial resources, experience, skill, and care to your bicycle accident case.
What should I take pictures of if I am in a bicycle injury accident?
- Some important pictures you should take if possible are pictures of the accident scene, street signs and lights, important landmarks, damage done, and all vehicles/bicycles involved in the accident.
If you or a loved one has been in a bicycle accident, don’t hesitate to take legal action. For Montgomery County, MD bike accident lawyers that bike accident victims and their families recommend, contact Cohen & Cohen for a free case evaluation and consultation.