Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers have the answers
Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers know very well that most of us have at one time or another witnessed someone we know getting drunk. Perhaps we saw them down a few drinks in front of us, started wavering as they walked, or began slurring their speech. Aside from life experience, we may eventually wonder what exactly are the proven signs and body changes that can happen in someone who has had one too many drinks? Being able to identify the signs of a person too far gone from alcohol can be a great way to know who should not be driving you home at the end of the party or celebration. Also, perhaps you can help keep this person from endangering themselves and others by getting onto the road while intoxicated. Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers have helped contribute to this article on the common signs of intoxicated driving.
What are the most common signs that someone has had a few drinks?
While every person is different in his or her tolerance for alcohol, once someone has started to become drunk there are tell tale signs to look out for. Examples of observable signs that someone has drifted from sober to drunk are:
- Appearing increasingly relaxed
- Doing and/or saying things they would not otherwise
- Decrease in sense of caution, feeling rebellious
- Losing fine motor coordination
- Weakened sense of hearing
- Blurry vision
- Glossy and reddened appearance to eyes
- Sweating profusely
- Restless, anxious demeanor
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Passing out
- Difficulty getting up and unbalanced walking
- Flushed face
- Inability to complete complex tasks
- Slowed reaction time
What should I do if I get hit by a drunk driver?
Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers will strongly suggest that anyone who has been involved in a crash due to a drunk driver should call 9-1-1 right away. Depending on the level of intoxication and how he or she handles alcohol, the driver may becoming threatening towards you. Let the operator know you believe this person may have been drinking and driving. An officer can take over the scene so you can have your health evaluated by medical professionals. After your injuries have been tended to, you may want to consider meeting with an attorney.
Why do people consult with an attorney after a drunk driving accident?
Victims of drunk driving crashes tend to suffer not only physical injuries, but financial losses as well. The costs for medical care, fixing a vehicle or having to buy a new car can cause a person to accumulate debts. The person who was innocently driving should not have to pay out of pocket his or her own money due to the drunk driver’s actions. Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers
can evaluate the accident and help you decide if filing a lawsuit is a route to take. Examples of paperwork to bring with you to your appointment can include the following:
- Copies of medical bills, receipts, outstanding debts
- Copies of doctor’s exams, evaluations and diagnosis
- Any testing or diagnostics ran, and the results
- The drunk driver’s information and insurance company name
- Estimates for vehicle repairs
- Witness contacts for those who saw the crash happen
- Photographs taken at scene
- Copy of the official incident report taken by officer
If you believe you could benefit from Wheaton, MD DWI lawyers, do not hesitate to call Cohen & Cohen, P.C. and we will be happy to set you up with a skilled attorney on our team who specializes in cases like yours.