Maryland Swimming & Drowning Accident Lawyer Services
Swimming accidents Maryland residents fear happen often in the summer months. If you or a loved one got hurt from a swimming accident, you may want to contact a lawyer to discuss your case. You may be entitled to compensation for the injuries you suffered.
Common Types of Swimming Pool Injuries
While swimming around in a pool can provide hours of fun in the summer months, it can also pose some risks. If you do not take the proper safety precautions, you increase your risk of experiencing swimming accidents in Maryland. Let’s take a look at common types of swimming pool injuries:
- Drownings: Drownings account for a large percentage of swimming accidents Maryland locals want to avoid. Children face the greatest risks of drowning. Protect yourself and your loved ones by never swimming in a pool alone. If you have very young children who can’t swim yet, they should wear floatation devices in the pool.
- Slip and Falls: The areas around a pool are wet, which can increase the risk of people slipping and falling. The best way to prevent these accidents is to walk slowly and carefully around the pool. If you have children, warn them against running around the pool.
- Diving Injuries: Swimming accidents Maryland residents worry about also include diving accidents. When people jump into a pool head first, they are danger of suffering traumatic brain injuries and other serious injuries. To avoid these injuries, do not dive in pools.
- Electrocution: Faulty underwater lighting and old electrical wiring can increase the risk of electrocution in a swimming pool. If you are in a pool and notice that the underwater lights are flickering, you should get out immediately. You also shouldn’t swim during thunderstorms.
- Defective Products: Maryland swimming accidents can also result from defective pool products. For example, water slides can have weak spots and lead to falls. Unsafe jets can also lead to injuries. Product manufacturers are legally obligated to produce safe products and can be held liable if their products result in injuries.
Hiring a Lawyer
If you or a family member were involved in swimming accidents Maryland residents fear, it may be in your best interest to talk to a personal injury lawyer. He or she may help you bring a lawsuit against the swimming pool owner and obtain compensation for your injuries. This compensation may be used to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages that resulted from the accident.
At Cohen & Cohen, P.C., we understand how scary it may be to get hurt in a swimming pool and want to provide our services. Our lawyers have helped individuals just like yourself get justice and want to ease some of your stress. We may help you gather the necessary evidence and build you a strong case. We may also communicate with insurance adjusters on your behalf.
If you want justice for swimming accidents Maryland locals worry about, we encourage you to contact us today to schedule a free consultation.