If you suspect you may benefit from the services of a slip and fall lawyer Baltimore MD provides, contact us at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. After a free case review, you may have a better understanding of what your injury claim is worth.
Sadly, many people are seriously injured in slip and fall accidents that were entirely avoidable. Because of someone’s negligence, they were hurt or even killed.
A Baltimore MD slip and fall lawyer can help victims get justice. A damage claim or lawsuit can allow the victim to recover their accident damages. A slip and fall lawyer from Cohen & Cohen, P.C. can fight for your rights.
Sometimes an accident is simply an accident and is unavoidable. In cases like that, you may not qualify for compensation. In other scenarios, the accident victim did not take sufficient responsibility for their own actions which resulted in an injury. Those cases also rarely result in compensation. A Cohen & Cohen, P.C. slip and fall lawyer in Baltimore MD can tell you if your case might be an exception. Usually, at least one of the following criteria must be met in order to qualify for a damage claim or lawsuit:
- Failure of the property owner to take reasonable care. Were they aware that there was a hazardous problem? Did they ignore it and purposely not address the issue? A slip and fall lawyer Baltimore MD community members turn to may need to know how exactly the property owner failed to address the problem.
- Was the hazardous situation in existence long enough that the property owner should have become aware of it? Was it an uneven section of carpet or floor tile that had been in place for several months?
- Have similar accidents occurred in the past because of this same hazardous condition? Was the property owner aware of this? It may be very helpful to your case if you know of previous victims by name. The slip and fall lawyer Baltimore MD personal injury victims in your area recommended may need to contact them. Their testimony in your case could be crucial.
Liability for your Injury
Establishing that the property owner is liable for your injury and responsible for paying your damages can be challenging. A slip and fall lawyer Baltimore MD residents hire for this kind of case may have to prove at least one of the following:
- The property owner or their employee caused a spill or tore a piece of carpet or created any other type of hazardous condition.
- The property owner or their employee more than likely was aware of this hazardous condition.
- The property owner or their employee should have known that the hazardous condition existed.
There is no substitute for an experienced slip and fall attorney when you are seriously injured due to another’s negligence. To find out if you have a valid case, contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. to request a free case review with a slip and fall lawyer Baltimore MD victims believe in.