Recommendations Following an Accident | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD
Crashing your motorcycle might be your worst nightmare but a motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts offers several tips about what you should do immediately following an accident. The legal team at Cohen & Cohen is extremely experienced in helping victims of accidents who suffered injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence. Our firm has represented more than 10,000 personal injury clients.
A top motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD motorcyclists hire to represent them will recognize that every accident is unique, but the following these steps may help you get on the right track toward getting the compensation you deserve.
What to do Following a Motorcycle Accident
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Montgomery County MD may suggest that you take the following steps and precautions following a motorcycle accident:
- In the seconds following an accident, as a motorcyclist you may have suffered serious injuries after impacting with a car or truck. Shock can disguise pain and mask injuries. It may be in your best interest to be overly cautious in your attempts to move or stand until you’ve been examined by a medical professional. If nobody else can call 911 on your behalf and you can access your cell phone, call for medical help. The attorneys at Cohen & Cohen have served many clients in personal injury cases, and they can verify that any injury can be potentially relevant in a personal injury claim. Until you have been thoroughly examined by a doctor, you may not know the extent of your injuries.
- If possible, get names and phone numbers of witnesses at the scene. Preferably, choose somebody on scene to get that information on your behalf and have them write it down or immediately text or email them to you. Their witness accounts could become invaluable later on when it comes time to file an accident claim with your insurance company or if you have to pursue a lawsuit.
- Take photos. Or if you are unable, ask someone on scene to take photographs for you. A good motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD drivers rely on may be able to use these photographs for your case. The kinds of photos that can be particularly helpful include:
- Photos of the vehicles involved. Include photographs of the rear license plates which will have the registration tags on them. Getting images of obvious damage can also be helpful.
- Wider shots that include road information such as nearby signs, lights, curbs, pavement markings, etc.
- Images of the people involved in the accident, including you and especially of your visible injuries.
- Photos of witnesses.
- Photos of anything else that may be pertinent to the accident.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD respects. The sooner a member of our team can get involved, the sooner you have a respected motorcycle accident lawyer fighting for the compensation you deserve so you can focus on healing. Having someone involved from the start, who is dedicated to protecting your legal rights, may make a huge difference in the time it takes to win or settle your claim, and could even improve the amount you win/settle for.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your Montgomery County MD motorcycle accident lawyer. This is not to say you shouldn’t discuss your medical condition with your medical team, but even it may be prudent to stick to the facts of the incident and avoid conversations of fault. What you say about the accident, including to medical staff, may be misconstrued and used to keep you from the compensation you deserve. Your attorney from Cohen & Cohen can help you understand what you should or should not discuss. This is another reason to immediately contact a motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts.
- Avoid signing any documentation or statements until you have consulted with a motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD bikers turn to. One of our trusted attorneys at Cohen & Cohen can review any documentation and make recommendations as to what should be clarified and agreed to or refused.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim. A motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD drivers count on can help you with filing a claim. In some cases, an attorney may be able to negotiate a higher settlement with your insurance company in addition to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. An attorney at Cohen & Cohen meticulously prepares your case as if it’s going to trial, but will be willing to settle the claim if the offer to you is fair. This may lead to a faster resolution than going to trial while still providing the compensation you deserve.
We Are Here for You
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be extremely traumatic and stressful; possibly resulting in lifelong injuries or worse. If you are the unfortunate victim of a collision, you don’t have to go through it alone. Our caring, experienced attorneys can be by your side to help you recover the financial restitution to which you are entitled. . Contact Cohen & Cohen immediately if you need a motorcycle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD riders can believe in.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Hyattsville MD | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Wheaton MD | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Montgomery County MD | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Cheverly MD | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Hillcrest Heights MD