Injury Information from a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Greenbelt MD Drivers Respect
If you are a motorcyclist who has been involved in an accident, you may be looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD motorcyclists can turn to. The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen P.C. have successfully represented personal injury accident victims for more than 20 years. We may be able to help you recover the money and benefits you are owed.
When deciding whether or not to pursue legal action, consider hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD recognizes as:
- Experienced in personal injury practice.
- Successful as evidenced by a winning case record.
- Available when you need them. Cohen and Cohen attorneys are available 24/7 to help you.
Possible Personal Injuries as a Result of Collisions Between a Motorcycle and Car
As an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Greenbelt MD, Cohen and Cohen lawyers have represented more than 10,000 personal injury cases. Our collective experience has given us some insight into the common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents. Here are five possible injuries that a motorcyclist may sustain as a result of a collision with a car, truck, or even with another motorcycle:
- Injuries to the Legs and/or Feet: The CDC determined that 30% of non-fatal motorcycle accidents resulted in injury to one or both legs or feet. A good motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD bikers hire for legal help should know that this kind of injury can be very serious. Losing any percentage of feeling or mobility in an extremity can not only result in costly medical bills, but a loss of enjoyment of life. In both cases, Cohen and Cohen attorneys may be able seek damages.
- Injuries to the Head and/or Neck: About 22% of motorcyclists involved in accidents suffer injuries to the head and/or neck, according to the CDC. These are particularly serious injuries and can be life threatening not only because they can involve trauma to the brain, but also because:
- A closed head injury may not be visible or immediately obvious to the victim following an accident. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD is proud to call their own may encourage you to undergo a complete medical checkup after an accident. A physician may test for neurological trauma to be sure that previously undetected injuries do not persist or worsen.
- Head and neck injuries can be complicated and costly; possibly requiring long term treatment. In that regard, medical costs can be devastating. Without the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD riders trust, you may not be adequately compensated to cover all the damages resulting from your accident. In this scenario, contacting Cohen and Cohen may help you recuperate costs as soon as possible!
- Injuries to the Spine: Spinal injuries, including broken vertebrae, damaged nerves, or strained ligaments, can be debilitating and can often result in lifelong disability. In determining the financial restitution to pursue against the at-fault party, a Greenbelt MD motorcycle accident lawyer like Cohen and Cohen may take into account your the future likelihood to:
- Regain full mobility
- Be pain-free
- Suffer from post traumatic syndrome disorder as a result of the accident
- Experience depression or loss of joy post-accident
- Injuries to the Chest: As a result of impacting your motorcycle’s handlebars, the pavement, an obstruction such as a guardrail, or another vehicle, you may experience substantial chest injury. As a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD bikers hire, we have seen injuries to the chest cause:
- heart and other internal organ damage
- Cracked or fractured ribs
- a lung puncture either from impact or from a broken rib
- Severely damaged soft tissue
Leaving the victim with costly medical bills, and potentially lifelong injuries.
At Cohen and Cohen we take any kind of motorcycle accident injury very seriously. We believe that motorcyclists deserve fierce protections under the law when they’ve been injured by another driver’s negligence.
Why Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Greenbelt MD Knows?
If you’ve been involved in an accident which resulted in personal injury, you may want to consider getting a lawyer because:
- They may be able to negotiate a higher settlement with your insurance company as well as the at-fault driver’s insurance company..
- If the at-fault driver does not have sufficient insurance, or has no insurance at all, an experienced attorney such as a Cohen and Cohen, knows how to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Your insurance company or the at-fault driver’s insurance company may delay payment or even refuse to pay you at all; potentially leaving you with a mountain of unpaid medical bills, lost wages, and more. Our legal team may be able to help you get paid in full, and paid faster than if you did not have experienced counsel.
Request Your Free Consultation
One of our attorneys will be happy to meet with you and discuss your case during an initial consultation for which you will not be charged. This is a no-obligation opportunity to meet with a highly experienced and caring lawyer who can answer your questions and address your concerns. If you are a motorcycle rider and have been involved in an accident, do not hesitate to call us immediately. Contact us at Cohen and Cohen when you need a motorcycle accident lawyer Greenbelt MD motorcyclists can turn to.