You’ve seen them on t.v., you’ve read about them in the newspaper, and now you are worried that you too may need the help of a medical malpractice attorney Hyattsville MD medical malpractice victims have won cases with in the past.
When we undergo the care of a physician, nurse or other licensed health care professional, we expect these people to give us the standard of care that they are qualified to give. We hope that with years of schooling and training, the people who are looking out for our health, will do just this- take all the time and care it takes them to give us the utmost of their attention to our care. When a doctor is careless or negligent, a patient can wind up worse off than before they underwent the “care” of a licensed medical practitioner.
If you are concerned that you or someone you love may have a medical malpractice case that needs to be fought by a fierce and driven medical malpractice attorney Hyattsville MD community members have grown to trust, call Cohen & Cohen, P.C. 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Common Causes of Medical Malpractice Cases
Common problems that occur as the result of a doctor’s negligence or carelessness include but are not limited to:
- Cognitive abilities are impaired
- Motor skills are impaired
- Mistakes in diagnosing an injury
- Treating a non-existing injury while an existing one goes untreated
- Mistakes in diagnosing an illness or disease
- Treating a non-existing illness while an existing one goes untreated
- Surgical errors
- Performing an incorrect surgery for a patient’s problem
- Leaving surgical tools, sponges, gauze, etc., in a patient
- Brain injury due to improper anesthesia
- Prescription medicine mistakes
- Doctor prescribes a medication that is not necessary
- Doctor fails to prescribe a necessary medication
- Doctor and/or pharmacy fail to recognize the dangers of medications because of other conditions a patient has and/or because of other medications the patient is on
- Emergency room errors
- Substandard care
- Giving wrong or harmful medications
- Patient neglect in hospitals, extended care facilities or outpatient clinics
- Obstetrical and gynecological errors
- That injure the baby
- That injure the mother
If you think that you or someone you care about is suffering because of medical malpractice- or if you think that someone close to you has died because of this- there are many reasons not listed above that could have caused this. An educated and trained medical malpractice attorney Hyattsville MD victims of medical malpractice are glad they had on their team, can help you to determine whether or not you have a case. Cohen & Cohen P.C.’s experienced legal team wants to help you and is ready to listen to you and to try to answer your questions.
Do I Have to go to Court to Get Compensation for Medical Malpractice?
Each medical malpractice case is unique and individual. Only a trained legal professional can tell you what is the best course of action for your particular case but an experienced medical malpractice lawyer may be able to get an insurance company or doctor or hospital, etc., to settle before the case goes before a judge.
The sooner you contact a reputable medical malpractice attorney Hyattsville MD friends and neighbors know can get the job of fighting for you done- the sooner s/he can start to help you and your loved ones try to get compensation for your medical malpractice problems.