What Should I do After a Car Accident Injury?
After being in a car accident you may feel confused and out of sorts and it may be in your best interest to contact a Maryland injury lawyer. You undoubtedly have multiple questions about what to do and where to turn, so we have compiled a list of commonly asked questions about car accidents and personal injury.
Immediately After an Accident, What Should I Do?
Timeliness is key when it comes to an auto accident. Doing specific things in the first few moments after an accident can go on to harm or hurt the ability of claiming a personal injury suit down the road. Here’s a checklist of things to make sure you do in the moments after a car accident:
- Never leave the scene of the accident
- Call 911 and ask for a copy of the police report
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). This includes their insurance information, the make and model of their car, their license plate number, and contact information
- Take photos of the cars at the scene as well as the surrounding area
- If you have been injured and are able to, take pictures of your injuries while at the scene
- Contact an injury lawyer who is licensed to protect accident victims in Maryland (or in the jurisdiction where your accident took place).
Is There Anything I Should Not Do After Being in a Car Accident?
After an accident, make sure to not make any public statements without your lawyer present, and do not wait to contact an lawyer.
It is wise to only communicate via your lawyer, who can act as a legal advocate for you in sticky situations. This means it is not recommended to speak in depth with anyone at the scene of the accident, make any statements to your insurance companies, or even speak to the media if they are there.
As mentioned previously, it is important to be timely when dealing with auto accidents. Speaking to a Maryland injury lawyer as soon as you can is a good way to ensure your case gets off the ground.
What Kind of Compensation Am I Entitled To?
If you were a victim of a personal injury claim, you may be entitled to a multitude of different damages. This means you may able to get money back to cover lost wages, medical bills, mechanic bills, and pain and suffering. If there was a wrongful death, the surviving family members — the spouse, parents, or children — can potentially win compensation meant to cover loss of companionship, funeral expenses, and grief.
What Happens if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Auto Insurance?
Unfortunately, if the other person involved doesn’t have auto insurance, you may not be able to get all the compensation you deserve. This is why it is recommended to invest in your own uninsured/underinsured insurance so you can be covered in case of an emergency.
If you’ve been injured in Maryland by an uninsured driver, contact an injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Being involved in an auto accident is scary and there are a lot of things that may seem unsure. There’s a good chance a car accident lawyer can help you. Working with an experience lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected, so do not hesitate to contact one today.
For a highly rated Maryland injury lawyer you can rely on, contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. for a free case evaluation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Avoiding Personal Injury While Playing League Sports
Although playing sports can benefit you mentally and physically, you should be aware that you are taking a great risk by playing and might wind up in need of Maryland injury lawyers. Thankfully, there are steps to help you reduce the risk of injury. Read the list below for some tips on protecting yourself from getting hurt.
Tips to Avoid Injury
When someone is injured because of someone else’s negligence, malice, or recklessness, Maryland injury lawyers may be able to help them seek compensation for their injuries. If you get injured because of this, it may be a good idea to talk to reliable injury lawyers.
- Wear Protective Gear When You Play: Make sure you know what protective gear is required for your sport and WEAR IT! Football players need helmets and pads just like motorcyclists need helmets and protective clothing. It is created specifically to help you avoid injury.
- Drink Plenty of water to stay hydrated: Dehydration is a major risk when playing sports in all weather. You are losing a lot of water when you sweat and this can lead to muscle cramps and more serious injuries. If you get too dehydrated, you may have to go to the hospital!
- Don’t Push Your Body Too Hard: Pushing past your limitations will result in injuries. If you are coming onto the field with an injury already, it is in your best interest to take it easy or not play at all. If you know you have a condition, it is best to avoid activities that will worsen it. You know your body, listen to it.
- Ensure the Environment is Safe for Sports: If the grass is wet and slippery, if the court hasn’t been cleaned, or there are obvious hazards, don’t play! It is important to make sure you play in safe conditions to avoid sustaining a potentially dangerous situation.
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligent or malicious behavior on the field or at the facility where you were playing, it may be time to contact Maryland injury lawyers
If you are injured by another player, by faulty equipment or any other example of negligence, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. You and your Maryland personal injury lawyers may file against a person, an entity, or both, depending on the circumstances of the case.
Contact Experienced Maryland Personal Injury Lawyers
It can be fun to play sports with your friends, but you shouldn’t ignore any safety issues. If you sense unsafe factors, then play another day. If you experience an injury due to an unforeseen obstacle, or due to another person’s negligence, malice or reckless behavior, then you may have cause to file a personal injury claim.
Be sure to to discuss your situation with Maryland injury lawyers to see if you have a case and where to go from there. If you have been harmed, you deserve some retribution. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and should pursue damages if possible. Do not wait, call today to discuss your case and how to file a claim. You will be glad you sought assistance.
For highly rated Maryland injury lawyers, contact the reliable legal team at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. for a free case evaluation.