What Causes Lime Scooter Accidents in Washington, D.C.?
There are many different causes of Lime scooter accidents that warrant the need of a Lime scooter accident lawyer Washington, D.C. electric scooter accident victims recommend. People who ride these scooters have been injured, automobile drivers and pedestrians have gotten hurt after being hit by a Lime scooter, and people have been injured and property has been damaged by Lime scooters that are left in the middle of sidewalks and streets.
Some Lime scooter accidents are caused by Lime operators while others are caused by the negligent, malicious or reckless actions of others.
Why are Lime riders and pedestrians susceptible to injury?
Lime scooter riders, pedestrians and other people who come into contact with Lime scooters are susceptible to injuries that warrant the need for a reliable scooter accident lawyer in Washington, D.C. for different reason. These reasons include but are not limited to:
- Electric scooters are often left in unsafe locations such as on sidewalks, in front of doorways and gates, and in the street.
- Malfunctions for electric scooters such as brake failure, the accelerator sticking, and jumpy starts and stops are common. This may be because of faulty devices but this can also be from the scooters not being properly inspected and maintained.
- The electric scooter industry is fairly new and is not regulated the way other more established industries are regulated. As well, many of the e-scooter companies have experienced explosive growth and as a result, some of the finer operational details have been neglected and safety has been compromised.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident in Washington, D.C. involving a Lime scooter, regardless of what caused this, it may be in your best interest to discuss your options with a lawyer who is licensed to defend the rights of Lime accident victims in Washington, D.C.
- Electric scooter operators are supposed to have a valid driver’s license and be 18 or older but these rules are often not enforced. Many scooter operators do not follow the rules of the road for bicycles the way they are supposed to and this negligence can cause accidents and injuries.
- Motorists and other people on the roads often do not exercise proper caution and act recklessly around scooter operators even though scooters have the same rights to the road as a bicycle.
In the unfortunate event of one or more people being hurt in an accident involving a Lime scooter, a Washington, D.C. scooter accident lawyer may be able to help the vicimt(s) get compensation for their injuries.
- Many electric scooters go up to 15 mph or faster but there has been little done in terms of safety regulations for those who operate them.
- Even though it is illegal, children under the age of 18 often operate scooters and either do not know the rules of the road or choose to not follow them.