Factors that Increase the Likelihood of a Maryland MVA
There are many different factors that increase the likelihood of a Maryland motor vehicle accident (MVA) that warrants the need for a Maryland MVA lawyer.
Were you innocently on your way to work?
Driving your kids to soccer practice?
Running your Saturday morning errands?
Unfortunately, a MVA may occur at any point in time. In fact, accidents are far more likely to occur when traveling by motor vehicle than other forms of travel. Some, may be able to walk away following a MVA by only experiencing very minimal damages. However, the more unfortunate may experience damages and injuries that are far more severe. A lawyer from Cohen & Cohen, P.C. may bring forth a wealth of knowledge and experience that may help when it comes to pursuing a Maryland MVA case. With such high rates of motor vehicle crashes, it’s no wonder there are so many factors that may increase the risk of an accident.
- Drivers without Experience: Newer and inexperienced drivers may be more likely to be involved in an accident because they are not likely to have developed the skill needed to mitigate risk of an accident when faced with a potential hazard.
- Teenage Drivers with Teen Passengers: Teenage drivers are often inexperienced. In addition, when teenage drivers are in the motor vehicle with their peers, they may easily be distracted by them. As a result, a teenager (who is also likely inexperienced) may have the added risk for an accident.
- Driving Too Fast: High speeds may make it nearly impossible to respond when faced with the unexpected. A driver who is speeding may be unable to stop in time if the motor vehicles ahead of them come to a sudden stop. They may also lose control of the vehicle when driving at such high speeds.
Paying close attention to the road and following all rules can help to prevent a Maryland MVA but if you have been in one, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a reputable MVA lawyer.
- Inclement Weather: When the weather is poor, visibility and road conditions may be severely impacted. This may make it difficult to drive, and may ultimately result in an accident.
- Texting and Driving: All it takes is a second of looking down at a text message for a driver to cause an accident. Texting and driving is incredibly dangerous, and illegal in most states. Using your phone to text may cause you to veer off the road, drift into another lane, fail to break when traffic is stopping and many many more.
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol: Driving when impaired can have disastrous effects on not only the person under the influence, but those they share the road with. When a person is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and chooses to get behind the wheel of a vehicle, they may put themselves and others at risk of a MVAs.
If you have been injured in a MVA in Maryland by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation that a lawyer can help you to seek.
Have you fallen victim to a MVA?
Are you struggling to take action for fear that you will be dealing with legal issues for a significant period of time?
Do you feel like your recovery is so consuming that you just don’t have the the time to pursue a MVA claim?
Each of these factors give good reason to contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C.. We are experienced, compassionate and reputable attorneys offering Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia MVA victims the opportunity at the outcomes they deserve. Contact us today so that we can begin to put your mind at ease by answering the many questions you are sure to have.