Personal Injury Lawyers Gaithersburg, MD
After being injured because of someone else’s negligence, personal injury lawyers Gaithersburg, MD residents can rely on may be able to help you determine what your personal injury case may be worth. The best way to determine your case’s value is by totaling the damages that were caused, both physically and mentally. At, Cohen & Cohen we help to establish a strong case supporting your claim to obtain the compensation that you deserve for all of the damages lost.
Types of Damages Recoverable
Most damages in a personal injury case are considered compensatory, meaning the injured party will receive compensation from the party at fault for what was lost due to the injury or accident. The goal of compensatory damages is to help the injured person become “whole” again from a monetary standpoint. Some of the different types of compensatory damages in personal injury cases that personal injury lawyers in Gaithersburg, MD may be able to help you seek, include:
- Medical Treatment: After an accident the injuries received are almost always covered by the compensation. You should receive reimbursement for current treatment related to the injury and money for estimated future costs related to the injury. Insurance companies may try to offer a settlement that is lower than what you deserve, especially when taking into account future problems that may arise due to this accident. A lawyer from Cohen & Cohen can help you determine how much money you actually deserve. They can negotiate with the insurance companies so that you don’t have to.
- Income: If you have been seriously injured you may not be able to return to work for weeks, months, years, or even indefinitely, depending on the severity of the accident. The compensation you receive should reflect the wages you’ve lost but also, money you could have made in the future if it were not for the injury.
Many people who have been seriously injured for the first time do not know about the many potential expenses they should get covered at the onset of their injury. This is why many people find it helpful to have personal injury lawyers from Gaithersburg, MD on their side.
- Property Loss: If personal items were damaged during the accident, such as a vehicle, clothing or other items, you are entitled to compensation for replacements or repairs for those items.
- Pain and Suffering: This topic can be broken down into both the physical pain and the mental pain associated with an accident. For over 25 years, we have helped clients achieve financial compensation for immediate aftermath of an accident and any ongoing pain that may be associated with the injuries received.
- Emotional Distress: If you were involved in a serious accident you could be struggling with emotional distress. This could include experiencing anxiety, fear, loss of sleep, and other psychological impacts due to the accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment: Injuries can sometimes keep you from enjoying your day-to-day pursuits and can damage your overall quality of life. This can be taken into account when determining the compensation you will receive.
Personal injury lawyers who are licensed to practice in Gaithersburg and throughout MD may be able to help victims and their families determine the compensation they should seek.
Contact us Today
At, Cohen & Cohen, we can fight on your behalf to help you receive the highest amount of compensation possible. There are several parts to creating a case and understanding the legal negotiation terms, laws and how to handle insurance companies or a courtroom, can make the difference between getting a minuscule compensation or the one you truly deserve. Call us today for a free consultation to discuss your personal situation.
For highly rated personal injury lawyers Gaithersburg, MD injury victims and their families can rely on, contact Cohen & Cohen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.