DC Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered a personal injury, you may want to speak to a DC personal injury lawyer from Cohen & Cohen We may be able to help you retrieve compensation for your injuries if another person’s negligence was the cause.
Many personal injury cases are filed every year in the United States. Here are some common kinds of personal injury cases a personal injury lawyer in DC sees:
- Slip and Fall Claims: Whether they are outside of a person’s home or inside a grocery store, slip and fall accidents can lead to broken bones and other injuries. It is important for homeowners and business owners to make sure their premises are clean and safe.
- Car Accident Cases: When drivers are distracted or not obeying the rules of the road, they may cause accidents. Car crashes can result in life-threatening injuries, like traumatic brain injuries and broken bones.
- Medical Malpractice: While most doctors provide their patients with the utmost care, some are negligent. When doctors are negligent, they may cause serious injuries in their patients. Medical malpractice claims may involve giving patients the wrong drugs, failing to diagnose a condition, or leaving a foreign object in a patient during surgery.
- Product Liability Cases: A DC personal injury lawyer may also deal with personal injuries that result from defective products. For example, if a swing set is not manufactured correctly and breaks while a child is on it, that child may be seriously hurt.
How Much Is a Personal Injury Case Worth?
Each personal injury case is different. The amount of compensation you are entitled to depends on what your injuries cost you physically, psychologically, and monetarily. Depending on the circumstances of your personal injury claim, you may be entitled to collect some or all of the following damages:
- Medical Treatment: Whether it is a one-night stay at a hospital or physical therapy, personal injury damages often include the medical costs associated with the accident. Be sure to give your DC personal injury lawyer copies of all relevant medical records and bills.
- Lost Wages: If your personal injury has caused you to miss time from work or will affect the amount of income you can make in the future, you may be able to receive compensation for that.
- Pain and Suffering: Some personal injuries may lead to long-term mental or physical suffering. This type of compensation is often awarded as a way of recognizing that the victim suffered a great deal, and that their suffering is valid.
Contact a DC Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Do not wait to consult with a personal injury lawyer about your case. You may be entitled to a financial settlement if you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence. At Cohen & Cohen, we’re dedicated to protecting residents in the Washington DC metro area. You may schedule a case evaluation with our team, at absolutely no cost, for more information about filing a civil suit. For more information about meeting with a reputable DC personal injury lawyer, contact Cohen & Cohen at (202) 902-8020.