As one of the top personal injury law firms in Washington, DC, Cohen & Cohen, P.C. is committed to promoting justice, equal rights, and opportunities for all.
We strive to ensure that all individuals, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to our civil justice system as well as the same academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Since 1993, the lawyers at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. have fought for those who cannot fight for themselves. We are determined to spread the message about the importance of providing equal access to the civil justice system to all. To that end, our law firm is creating a scholarship to students either currently enrolled, or who plan to enroll, in a program consistent with our vision.
Education is a critical cornerstone upon which future leaders are made, and providing financial assistance to those in need is crucial.
As we make an investment in our outstanding youth today, we know that our nation will receive the dividends for years to come. Cohen & Cohen, P.C. is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in social justice, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated resumé
- An essay (1000 word limit) responding to the following question: What steps can we as a society take to ensure that all individuals, regardless of socioeconomic status, will have access to our civil justice system (i.e., our courts)?
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s college.
The 2017 Cohen & Cohen Civil Justice Scholarship winner will be announced on August 15, 2017.
In order to be eligible, scholarship applicants must submit their FULL application (personal statement, transcript(s), and resumé) by email. The official deadline for all application materials is August 1, 2017. Scholarship applicants may address email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cohen & Cohen Civil Justice Scholarship
Attn: Wayne R. Cohen
1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Fax: (202) 955-3142
For questions, please email email@example.com.