An experienced car accident lawyer Arlington VA victims work with to win settlements against insurance companies should be familiar with many of the most common auto collisions. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., our lawyers have worked with thousands of car accident victims. We have been very successful in helping people who have suffered a personal injury from an accident for which they were not at fault.
If you were involved in a car accident, contact Cohen and Cohen immediately. Our attorneys have an outstanding record of helping car accident victims. Injuries suffered as a result of a car accident can have lifelong implications, making it especially important to get the coverage and compensation you deserve. Our legal firm can help you obtain a fair settlement to be used to pay for:
- Medical expenses related to your personal injury.
- Repairs or replacement of your vehicle.
- Physical therapy and other treatments.
- Surgery costs.
- Emergency transportation from the accident scene to the hospital.
- Related follow-up medical costs.
- Lost wages and benefits.
- Pain and suffering
Medical bills can add up quickly, especially if you are not able to work because of a personal injury suffered in the car accident. With the legal help of a car accident lawyer Arlington VA motorists are grateful for, your bills can get paid while you focus on recovering from your injury. An attorney from Cohen and Cohen can be at your side fighting for your legal rights. We have handled more than 5,000 personal injury cases. Our legal team is highly experienced at winning favorable settlements from insurance companies.
Five Common Accidents
Being aware of common accident scenarios can be helpful to all drivers. By anticipating what can go wrong and result in a collision, you may be able to avoid an accident. The below scenarios are only a few examples of auto collisions, but encompass a few of the more common accident categories:
- Merging into traffic. Vehicles that are entering the highway or freeway from the onramp may not see other vehicles that are travelling in their blind spot. They may also be driving at a much slower speed than the highway traffic. Vehicles that are merging onto the highway do not have the right-of-way. It’s their responsibility to avoid other vehicles and to adjust their speed as necessary. A car accident lawyer Arlington VA drivers hire to represent them may try to establish that the merging driver caused the accident by not properly entering traffic.
- Low speed collisions. This includes many possible scenarios. Your car accident lawyer in Arlington VA may try to prove that the accident was not your fault and for that reason, you’re not liable for damages or the expenses associated with your injury. Low speed collisions can occur in many places, including:
- Parking lots: Parking lots are notorious for accidents because the right-of-way can be confusing. Drivers are often distracted while they look for parking. Pedestrians are distracted while pushing strollers. Children may be running around playing. Cars will back up with limited visibility.
- Pedestrian crossings: These can be dangerous when drivers are not paying attention or are driving too fast. As a pedestrian you have the right-of-way, but very often cars will cross the walkway when pedestrians are still crossing. In accidents between pedestrians and cars, the pedestrian may suffer catastrophic injuries. A car accident lawyer Arlington VA victims can count on may be able to help you recover your medical expenses. Cohen and Cohen attorneys have recovered more than $100 million for our clients.
- Bumper to bumper accidents: These accidents can happen when you’ve slowed in traffic and the driver behind you isn’t paying attention and hits you from behind.
- Sideswipe accidents. This is also known as a T-bone collision. It can happen when entering an intersection and the other driver collides perpendicular to your vehicle. Almost any Arlington VA car accident lawyer will say that it can happen in various ways including:
- A car is travelling through an intersection and another driver makes an improper left turn and collides into it.
- The light changes to yellow or red but the car entering the intersection does not yield or stop. It sideswipes a vehicle that has the right-of-way and is passing through the intersection or legally making a left turn.
- Single vehicle. A common single vehicle accident is one in which a car leaves the road and collides with an object such as the curb, a parked vehicle, or a building. There may be a very good reason why the driver lost control, and it may not have been their fault. A car accident lawyer Arlington VA residents trust to fight for their rights may try to establish a few justifications as to why the driver left the road as they pertain to each individual case, including:
- Was the driver trying to avoid hitting a jaywalking pedestrian?
- Did the vehicle malfunction in some way as to make it uncontrollable?
- Was there something in the road that needed to be avoided, such as a large object that fell out of the vehicle in front of them?
- Did the accident occur in a confusingly marked construction zone?
- Was the road surface icy or pot-holed?
- Rear-end collisions. This type of accident commonly occurs at intersections. When you’re stopped at a red light, the car behind you may misjudge distance at speed and collide into the back of your vehicle. If you ask a car accident lawyer Arlington VA personal injury victims go to for help, they can probably cite a number of cases like these that they’ve handled.
A Car Accident Lawyer Arlington VA Believes In
We understand that a car accident can happen at any time of day or night. When you need legal help, one of our attorneys can sit down with you and discuss your case. The initial consultation is free of charge. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week so that when you need a car accident lawyer Arlington VA believes in, we can be there to help you.
“I did not end up needing an attorney for the case, but let me say that these guys sure know their stuff. They are professional, friendly, give prompt responses, and the staff was super, super helpful. Wayne Cohen is one in a million, a lawyer who authentically cares for his clients. Thank you for such an amazing experience!”