Can I File a Car Accident Injury Claim in Reston, VA Without Hiring a Lawyer?
If you were involved in a car accident that someone else caused, you may be wondering if you should hire a car accident lawyer Reston, VA residents recommend. For some people, this is the best thing they could possibly do but for others, it is not necessary. How do you decide which category you fall in?
Generally speaking, hiring a car accident lawyer in Reston, VA is probably not required if you had a minor fender bender and you were not injured. However, you may benefit from the legal services of our car accident lawyer at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. if any of the following describes your circumstances:
- You suffered a catastrophic injury that will require costly medical treatment.
- You submitted an injury claim with the other driver’s insurance company for your costly medical treatment but they have denied your claim, or refused to offer a fair settlement.
What is the Role of a Car Accident Lawyer?
In legal matters in Reston and throughout VA, a car accident lawyer who represents your best interests can be invaluable. This is especially true when the injury will require costly medical treatment. The larger the claim, the more likely the insurance will balk at paying a reasonable settlement within a reasonable period of time.
Our car accident lawyer who is licensed to practice in Reston and throughout VA has seen this many times. Only after obtaining legal representation did the victims receive fair compensation. We encourage you to call us for a free consultation with our skilled car accident lawyer to learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve. When we handle a case that involves an injured car accident victim, our car accident lawyer often does the following:
- Review your personal injury claim to confirm whether or not it has sufficient information for you to get your claim approved.
- If your claim is lacking in information or documentation, such as proof that the other party is liable for your injury damages, we can help you identify and collect that documentation.
- Submit your injury claim with the appropriate company or companies before the statute of limitations expires.
- Follow up with the insurance company if they have not agreed to a settlement within a reasonable period of time.
- Enter into negotiations with the insurance company with the goal of getting the maximum possible settlement for our you. Our car accident lawyer has had tremendous success fighting for the best interests of our clients.
If you or someone you love has been in a bicycle accident in Reston or anyplace else in VA, you may find it helpful to discuss your situation with a lawyer who can help you to determine whether or not legal representation will be of benefit to your situation.
If the insurance company is only willing to pay a less than fair settlement on behalf of their client, our car accident lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf. Courtroom litigation is a last resort as it can be costly, time consuming, and emotionally draining. Cohen & Cohen, P.C. makes every effort to resolve a case without going to court, but sometimes this is not possible. We are experienced courtroom litigators, and our car accident lawyer will aggressively try your case.
Call us at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. to learn how you can benefit from the legal services of our car accident lawyer and increase the likelihood of receiving maximum compensation for your injury.