The Advantages to Hiring a Bus Accident Lawyer After an Accident
If you’ve been injured as a result of a bus accident, you may be wondering if it’s necessary to hire a bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD can provide for assistance. Bus accident litigation can be complex and frustrating for anyone without a legal background. When an experienced attorney represents you, the process can go much more smoothly and you’ll likely have a better chance of recovering the maximum compensation for your losses. The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. are highly experienced in handling complex personal injury cases. Our lawyers work hard to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible for our clients who have been injured through no fault of their own.
When choosing a bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD personal injury victims hire, you may want to consider the following information before making your decision.
Bus Accident Claims Can be Challenging
A bus accident claim can be very different from claims involving only privately owned cars. An experienced bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD residents trust fully understands the differences and prepares their case accordingly. The differences in bus versus car accident claims include:
- Government regulations. Federal oversight of commercially operated passenger buses is extensive. Bus drivers are held to a higher standard as compared to non-commercial drivers. They must comply to a long list of regulations and requirements from inspections to licensing to training. If you are not intimately familiar with these requirements, it can be difficult to determine liability of bus drivers who do not conform. If an attorney from Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is representing you, any government regulations that were not followed by either the bus driver or their company will be noted. Do not assume that any bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD has to offer will be just as knowledgeable.
- The statute of limitations can vary. Deadlines for filing personal injury claims differ based on which entity oversees operation of the bus. If the bus is owned and operated by a municipality, the deadline is likely different than for a bus owned and operated by the federal government. Privately owned company buses may fall under yet a different statute of limitations. Though not every bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD clients hire will be familiar with every statute, attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. will make sure your claim is filed before the deadline.
Bus Accident Injury Claims Can Involve Significant Sums of Money
When a bus accident occurs, very often the number of injured passengers is significant as is the seriousness of their injuries. In part this is because many buses are not equipped with seatbelts. According to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study, approximately three hundred fatal bus accidents occur every year. The potential financial loss in claims and lawsuits for the bus companies is very high. To minimize or eliminate those potential losses, it’s worthwhile for a bus company to hire the best legal help they can afford. This is why it is important that you hire an experienced and highly capable lawyer to represent you.
Determining Liability in Bus Accidents Can be Complicated
When litigating personal injury claims resulting from bus accidents, it’s necessary to determine who was at fault. This can be much more complicated than when only non-commercial vehicles are involved. Not every bus accident lawyer in Wheaton MD is as experienced as Cohen and Cohen, P.C. in these often complex cases. A top attorney will likely investigate the accident to determine if one entity is liable for causing it, or if a chain reaction of events makes several entities liable. Any of the following people or companies could be named as defendants in a personal injury case arising from a bus accident:
- Bus driver
- Bus company
- Vehicle maintenance and repair company or contractor
- Bus parts manufacturer including brakes, fuel line, power steering, and tires
- Bus operator which may be a government entity or privately/publicly owned company
Before you can receive compensatory damages from those found to be liable for your personal injuries, a solid case has to be made about why and how they’re liable. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is a good choice when you need a bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD knows can win settlements and lawsuits.
How Cohen and Cohen, P.C. May Be Able to Help You
Personal injury cases resulting from bus accidents can be very complex and time consuming for any Wheaton MD bus accident lawyer who is lacking in experience. Our bus accident attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. are well versed in handling even the most complex of cases that involve multiple defendants. They’re also not intimidated by defendants with deep pockets. Our legal team will fight as hard and as aggressively as necessary to secure your rights and recover the compensation you deserve.
If you don’t have legal representation, an insurance company may try to take advantage of you and offer less than a fair settlement amount. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. attorneys recognize when an offer is fair and they won’t settle for less.
When government entities are involved, laws and the statute of limitations can vary and seemingly contradict one another. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. lawyers know how to navigate this sometimes tricky path to legal justice.
For the best chance at winning a favorable settlement or a lawsuit, an enormous amount of legal preparation and accident investigation work may have to be completed. The attorneys of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. are backed by a wealth of resources, including consulting medical doctors and accident investigators. Not every bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD turns to can say the same.
Find a Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Because bus accident personal injury cases can be so different than cases involving only cars, you need a skilled attorney who can begin working on your case as soon as possible. Call Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today at 703-988-6428 or use our online contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation case review with a bus accident lawyer Wheaton MD approves of with confidence.