Do You Have Legal options if You Were Injured While at the Gym?
If you were injured at the gym, you may have legal options that a Baltimore, MD personal injury lawyer can explain in more detail than what is described in this article.
Were you seriously hurt while working out at the gym? If the answer is yes, under certain circumstances you may qualify for reimbursement of your injury costs, including medical care. Contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. for a no-obligation, free case review with our personal injury lawyer. There are several criteria that must be met in order to recover your damages from those you believe are responsible for your injury. We encourage you to discuss the details of your Baltimore gym accident with our personal injury lawyer who has helped many individuals receive the settlements they deserved.
How were you injured?
The exact manner in which you were injured will have a strong impact on whether or not you can file a personal injury claim against the workout facility. When you meet with our Baltimore, MD personal injury lawyer will want to get to know more about the following kinds of information:
- If you were injured while using gym equipment, was the equipment in question defective or broken?
- If gym equipment was broken and the staff was aware of this but made no effort to warn gym members, the gym might be liable for your damages.
- If gym equipment was defective and the staff was not aware, the equipment manufacturer might be liable for your damages.
- If gym equipment was defective and the staff was aware but made no effort to warn gym members, the gym as well as the equipment manufacturer might be liable for your damages.
- If you were injured because of torn carpeting which caused you to trip and fall and hurt yourself or you were injured when you slipped on wet flooring that had been present for a while but had not been cleaned up or marked as hazardous, the gym might be liable.
- If another member of the gym intentionally hurt you, or acted carelessly or negligently, they might be held liable for your damages.
- If you were hit by a car in the gym parking lot that was driven by someone unassociated with the gym, they might be liable for your damages.
A good Baltimore, MD personal injury lawyer will ask these questions and more in the interest of building a strong case for your claim.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim with the Liable Party
After a consultation with our personal injury lawyer who is licensed to protect the rights of injured people in Baltimore and throughout MD, it may become clear who should be held responsible for paying for your injury costs. It’s possible that because of the circumstances, further investigation is needed that Cohen & Cohen, P.C. can initiate and oversee. As an example of yet another possibility, if the piece of gym equipment failed on you, there may already be a class action lawsuit underway against the manufacturer involving other victims. You may be able to join in lieu of submitting a separate personal injury claim to them.
If your Baltimore, MD personal injury lawyer from our firm moves forward with a claim on your behalf, our legal team will make every effort to obtain maximum compensation for you and as quickly as possible. Cohen & Cohen, P.C. has assisted thousands of our fellow community members in getting the settlements they deserved for injuries suffered. In some cases, this included compensation for their pain and suffering.
Contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. today for a complimentary case review with an experienced Baltimore, MD personal injury lawyer Baltimore residents have been relying on for over 25 years.