If you have suffered a personal injury because of someone’s negligence, you may not be sure if you should hire an auto accident lawyer Rockville MD provides. The personal injury lawyers of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. have represented more than 10,000 victims and recovered over $50 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
If you’ve been injured by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to financial restitution for your property damage, vehicle repairs, medical bills, and possibly much more. If you’d like to find out how an attorney from Cohen and Cohen, P.C. can help you, call to schedule a free initial consultation. Hiring a top auto accident lawyer Rockville MD offers can be advantageous for a number of reasons. If you are still unsure, the following information may help you decide if hiring an attorney may be a good idea.
When You Should Consider Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Car Accident
- The personal injury you’re suffering from as a result of the accident is serious. Serious injuries can be costly, not only in terms of medical bills, but also in terms of emotional damage and lost wages. Victims who suffer serious injuries deserve compensation from the at-fault party. An experienced auto accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers recommend can make all the difference in receiving fair compensation.
- The auto accident involved multiple parties. If more than one person’s negligence caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, your case may become complicated very quickly. It’s very likely the other parties will retain counsel which means you probably should too. In addition, if one of the parties was responsible for designing, building, or installing a defective automotive part that contributed to the accident, you may have to face a formidable legal team on your own if you don’t hire a lawyer. A Rockville MD auto accident lawyer can help protect you from taking blame for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
- At least one of the negligent parties is a corporation. If the at-fault driver was employed by a company to drive a truck or a commercial passenger vehicle, the driver and the company may be held liable. That means you will likely be facing a team of experienced attorneys. By hiring an experienced auto accident lawyer in Rockville MD you can protect your rights. The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. fight hard for clients whether it’s a settlement negotiation or a courtroom trial.
- Liability for the accident is in dispute. To prove the other party is liable for the accident that caused your injury, evidence must be collected. Witness testimony must be documented. The accident may be recreated and the accident scene examined. A professional investigator can perform these tasks to legal standards. The information they collect can be entered into court as evidence. Often, an auto accident lawyer Rockville MD personal injury victims rely on will have an accident investigator ready to work on your case right away. This is another advantage to hiring an attorney.
- The insurance company has not offered you a fair settlement or they continuously delay in making an offer. Some insurance companies will try to avoid paying out claims or offer to pay as little as possible, because they hope you’ll get frustrated and give up. An auto accident lawyer Rockville MD drivers can trust will know how to negotiate with the insurance company to get a fair offer and pay within a reasonable time period. If necessary, attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. can take the insurance company to court. This is often motivation enough for the company to pay promptly because it could be cheaper than going to court.
- If your loved one was the personal injury victim and died because of the party’s negligence or misconduct. If you are the appointed representative of the fatally injured victim, you may want to consider hiring an attorney to file a wrongful death suit. An auto accident lawyer Rockville MD families have turned to in similar situations can review your case to determine if it merits a wrongful death suit. Not every auto accident lawyer Rockville MD has in the community has the level of experience to pursue a wrongful death case or seek punitive damages. When consulting an attorney, be certain to ask if they have handled wrongful death suits in the past.
- At least one of the at-fault parties does not have vehicle insurance or does not have enough insurance coverage. Even if you have uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage, it may not be enough to cover your damages and medical bills from the accident. Depending on the extent of your injuries and the associated medical costs, there may be a substantial gap between what the insurance company can pay you and what you actually need. If you hire a personal injury attorney, he or she may be able to take the negligent party to court and pursue their assets on your behalf.
It can be stressful enough just dealing with an injury suffered in an auto accident, but you may also be facing mounting medical bills that you can’t afford. Having the support of an experienced lawyer can make all the difference. The attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. help clients get the justice they deserve and a fair settlement that enables them to pay medical bills and start the healing process. Your initial consultation with our firm will not cost you anything, and if our legal team can’t settle your case or win a verdict, you do not have to pay for our services. Call Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today to meet with an auto accident lawyer Rockville MD residents can rely on.