An Alexandria, VA product defect lawyer from Cohen & Cohen knows that people get injured from faulty products all the time. By law, distributors, manufacturers, and designers have a duty to see that their products are safe for consumer use. But devastatingly, so many companies release flawed products into the world for profit, in which innocent people get gravely injured or perish. If you or someone you love was hurt because of an unsafe product, we advise reaching out today for help. Signs that a product may be defective include:
- Product has broken component
- Package did not come with instructions or warnings
- The reviews for the item are rated low with complaints about safety
- Product was recalled
- Toys for children appear to be a choking hazard
At our law firm, an Alexandria product defect lawyer in VA believes in holding manufacturers and other related parties accountable for their actions in releasing an unsafe product. We understand our role in being a source of legal insight, and are happy to provide a consultation as soon as you are available. We know how to protect our clients and use the law for their protection and benefit.
Not every product on the store shelf is going to be safe, even when used as directed. Always use caution when first using a product, read the directions thoroughly, and if something is not quite right about it, you may want to get rid of it and request a return, then file a report to the appropriate consumer agency.
If you were harmed by a product, you must keep the item and keep records such as medical documentation, property damage, pictures of injuries, and any other proof that supports your claims. A lawyer will review your evidence and the situation, then advise how to proceed further. Depending on the circumstances, you may have a strong case for pursuing a product liability lawsuit for financial restitution.
Cohen & Cohen
You can trust when we say that our team is not afraid to go up against big companies. We have been able to obtain substantial compensation for our clients who have become victims because of defective products. We have seen people get taken advantage of by a corporate greed system that does not have the public’s best interests at heart.
You can rely on us to always have your health and wellness as the top priority. We work relentlessly for our clients and hope that if you have questions related to product liability and injury, that you contact an Alexandria, Virginia product defect lawyer from Cohen & Cohen now.
Common Myths About Defective Product Claims
If you have suffered injuries from a defective product, you may be eligible for compensation. However, you may have heard several untruths about these cases. Here are some common myths about defective product claims that you should not believe.
- If the product warranty is expired, you don’t have a case. This is not true. Even if the warranty for a product has expired, you may still have a strong personal injury case if you were injured by a product. This is because an injury claim has nothing to do with the warranty. The claim just has to be brought within the applicable statute of limitations in your state.
- If you modified a product and suffered injuries, you don’t have a case. Just because you made changes to a product, does not necessarily mean that you don’t have a product liability case. If a manufacturer could have predicted that consumers would make certain modifications, they may still be held liable if injuries occur.
- You need direct evidence to win a product liability case. Another common myth about these claims is that you need direct evidence that a product was defective to pursue a case. Sometimes this just is not possible. For instance, if a product caused an explosion, the product may get destroyed. In this case, the victim may use circumstantial evidence to establish that the product was faulty.
- You don’t need a lawyer. Product liability cases can include many complexities, so it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Alexandra, VA product defect lawyer. A lawyer will help you gather the necessary evidence to prove your case and handle negotiations with the insurance company. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you have a better chance of receiving a fair settlement.
- Product liability cases can always turn into class action lawsuits. Although product liability cases can sometimes turn into class action lawsuits, it does not always work out this way. inot easy for a single case to meet the requirements of a class action lawsuit.
- If you did not use the product as intended, you do not have a case. Even if you used a product not the way it was intended to be used, you may still have a product liability case.