Best Personal Injury Attorneys Baltimore, MD
If your child was hurt at a public pool, it may be a good idea to look for the best personal injury attorneys Baltimore, MD has available to help parents of injured children.
If your child was hurt while at a public pool, you may be trying to determine who should pay for the necessary medical treatment. If they sustained a serious injury, the resulting medical bills could be quite high. As our personal injury attorneys from Cohen & Cohen, P.C. might share with you, determining liability greatly depends on the circumstances and location of the accident.
Below are some general guidelines but they are not a substitute for speaking with personal injury attorneys. We offer free consultations to those whose minor child was hurt in an accident caused by the negligence of another party. Call us today to request a case review.
Not every attorney is the best attorney for every case. This is one of the many reasons it is best to discuss your child’s situation with personal injury attorneys in Baltimore or near where your child was injured in MD before you decide who to retain.
Common Pool Accidents
Unfortunately, public pool accidents are quite common. This is because pool accidents can take many forms. Some of the most common include:
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Drownings and near drownings.
- Lacerations and bruising from coming into contact with the pool’s surfaces, walkways, ladders, slides, and from collisions with other swimmers.
- Falling objects in the changing room.
If your child was injured in a public pool in Baltimore, it may be in your best interest to discuss your child’s situation with personal injury attorneys who are licensed to practice throughout MD.
Who is liable for a public pool accident?
Determining liability depends on many things. Sometimes, accidents are simply accidents and nobody is liable. However, if there is a direct connection between a company, government agency, or an individual’s actions and the victim’s injury, the negligent party or parties may be liable. With the assistance of personal injury attorneys, you may be eligible for filing a claim for compensation. For example, at a pool, water may be unexpected on stairs that are nowhere near the immediate perimeter of the pool. If stairs are unexpectedly slippery and the pool owner or manager was aware but did nothing to remedy that hazard, and did not post warning signs, they might be held liable for resulting injuries.
Talking to Baltimore, MD personal injury attorneys may help you to make more informed decisions about how best to proceed to protect your child’s right to compensation for expenses that are the result of their unfortunate accident.
How did the pool accident occur?
- If it was a hazardous condition that was ongoing and known by those responsible for maintaining safety, the pool facility’s management might be liable for your child’s injury costs.
- If your child was running near a pool despite “No Running” signs and the warnings from the lifeguard, and slipped and fell the pool facility and owners might not be held liable for your child’s injury costs.
- If your child was using the diving board and the board broke in the process because it was not properly maintained, the pool facility’s management might be liable for your child’s injury costs.
- If another pool visitor ran into your child or injured them in some other way, they or their parents (if they are a minor) might be liable for your child’s injury costs.
How can a personal injury attorneys make a difference?
When you speak with our personal injury attorneys at Cohen & Cohen, P.C. and explain the details of what happened, you will learn if we can help you recover your child’s injury related costs. Call us as soon as possible to schedule a no-cost consultation with a personal injury attorneys who can help you.
To see if some of the best personal injury attorneys Baltimore, MD residents can rely on are at Cohen & Cohen, P.C., and are the best team for your family, contact us for a free case evaluation with no obligations