Eliquis Lawsuit Lawyer DC, MD, VA
If you or someone close to you is one of the many victims of the dangerous side effects of Eliquis, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a good Eliquis lawsuit lawyer in DC, MD or VA.
Eliquis is prescribed to reduce the risk of strokes in patients with certain conditions. Common reasons it is prescribed is to help people who have:
- An irregular heartbeat that is caused by nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE) in order to treat blood clots in the veins of the legs and/or lungs and to reduce the risk of them occurring again
- Have a risk of DVT blood clots after knee or hip replacement surgery
- While Eliquis has helped some people without dangerous side effects, despite its claims of superior safety and effectiveness compared to older anticoagulants, after taking this medication, many innocent victims suffered from internal bleeding that couldn’t be stopped. It has caused life-threatening hemorrhaging and even death.
If you or someone you care about has been a victim of one or more of the dangerous side effects of taking Eliquis, a DC, MD and/or VA personal injury lawyer that is experienced with successfully defending the rights of Eliquis victims, may be able to help.
Serious EliquisSide Effects
Eliquis may cause internal bleeding that is serious and that doctors cannot reverse. This internal bleeding is potentially fatal. Unlike older anticoagulants medications such as warfarin, Eliquis does not have an antidote that allows doctors to stop bleeding complications, Even with this known serious side effect, Eliquis’s drugmakers Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer does not warn doctors and patients of the necessity of having regular blood monitoring that can help prevent dangerous bleeding events.
A good Eliquis lawyer from DC, MD or VA may be able to help you file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the drug manufacturers that make their potentially dangerous product without adequate warning labels and information, available to innocent consumers.
These serious, irreversible, and potentially fatal bleeding risks include but are not limited to:
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Eye bleeding
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Kidney bleeding
- Rectal bleeding
- Spinal bleeding
All blood thinners can cause bleeding but Eliquis is in a new generation of blood thinners that are marketed as alternatives to the older and safer blood thinners.
If you or someone you love has been a victim of a dangerous side effect of Eliquis, a DC, MD or VA lawsuit lawyer may be able to help you make decisions about what your next steps should be. Even if you do not live in DC, MD or VA, a lawyer from one of these places may be able to help get you compensation for expenses related to your Eliquis injury as well as for things such as pain, suffering, and grief.